Dead

" Looks like a giant snowflake" Stefan says, peering over at Klaus's most recent piece of art, I snort at Stefan's bluntness

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event." Klaus says, shrugging towards Stefan, we both look at him, our eyes slightly widened.

"You, charity work? I never thought I'd see the day." I say, my mouth gaping open slightly, Klaus merely sighs, continuing his last touches on the painting.

"You said it was urgent." A hybrid says, rushing into the room, panting for breath, I look up confused as the hybrid stares at Klaus.

"Yes, take this to the Mystic Grill immediately."Klaus says, washing off the paint from his brush.

"You want me to be a delivery guy?" The hybrid scoffs, gaining some of the Lockwood attitude.

Klaus walks forward, closing the space between himself and the hybrid, an intimidating look rests upon his face."What I want is for you to do whatever I say. Without the attitude. You're starting to sound like Evie." I scoff again.

"Is that supposed to be a bad thing?" He grins at me, pursing his lips.

The hybrid pulls a face and walks over to the painting. He picks it up and starts to leave the room. "And be careful with that. It's still wet. " Klaus ads on, inspecting his paint brushes,

" Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know." Stefan says, moving to stand behind me.

"What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximise on the benefits of free labour? What are you doing here?" Klaus asks incredulously as he neatens a few of his sketch pads.

"Elena is sired to Damon." Stefan says, his voice sounding annoyed about the fact.

"No surprise there." I sigh, "You should have seen the death glare she sent me the other day when Damon was talking to me." I shake my shoulders.

" Which means I need to find the cure now more than ever and yet here you are making postmodern snowflakes." Stefan says, pain in his eyes at the new information I have given him.

Klaus walks around his paint table, opting to find a cloth to wipe the paint off of his hands.

" I retrieved the Hunter's sword from Italy which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the Hunter's mark. You're the one who is supposed to deliver the Hunter and his mark." Klaus says, brushing the subject off, not before he gives Stefan a pointed look.

"Well, Jeremy is the hunter, and he has to keep killing vampires to complete his mark, but we can't quite figure out how to keep him from killing us." Stefan says.

_______________________________________________________________

When Klaus leaves for the charity event, I decide to stay home, socialising isn't really my thing, ya know.

I hear a metal clang from the room next to me, I decide to go investigate. In front of the vault that previously contained the sword, stands two Salvatore brothers, both standing confused when they realise the sword is no longer there.

I lean against the side of the door, watching them converse, "Well, he's not walking around with it. Check the rest of the house." Damon snaps at his brother.

"I am. I haven't found anything" Stefan snaps back, quietly I chuckle, remaining unnoticed.

" Here's two: Kill Tyler before he goes to Klaus or, since Klaus has suddenly become MVP in our relay race for the cure, tell him about the hybrids and he'll kill Tyler." Damon says, catching my attention.

"1." I start, causing them to both turn around shocked, "No one is killing my twin, and 2. What about the hybrids?" They both shrug their shoulders, pretending they don't know anything. Damon's head then purks up, an idea coming to mind.

"Do you know where Klaus has hidden the sword." I shrug, copying their answer.

"I know about as much about the sword as you do about the hybrids."they both glare at me as I play innocently with my fingers.

As the Salvatore's leave, after an Elena conversation of course, I sigh, being left to pick up and throw out the broke pieces of the vault.

I stop when my phone starts blaring Michael Jackson. I pick it up, smiling at the caller ID.

"Where is Tyler Lockwood?" Klaus growls angrily down the phone. I shiver slightly, shocked by how quickly someone can go from happy to sad.

"I don't know, why?" I say/ ask, really hoping that my twin is not in for a beating.

"Did you know?" He asks, confusing me even more.

"Did I know what?" I ask.

"Doesn't matter, " He says, hanging up the phone, leaving me extremely clueless.

I decide to nip home to find Tyler to ask him how he got Klaus's knickers in such a twist.

_______________________________________________________________________

By the time I get to the Lockwood mansion,it's already dark, half of the moon sits high in the sky, being the only light source lighting up our garden. I stop still in my tracks when I see two figures crowding around the fountain, my heart pumping erratically in my chest as if it were about to leap out.

" Klaus, please, don't hurt him. He's my son. The twins are all I have." She says, trying to remain composed as her body shakes in fear. I remain glued to the spot, too shocked to move.

" And you're all he has. Evie already belongs to me. There's a beautiful symmetry to that, don't you think?" Klaus asks, smirking sinisterly as I begin to tremble, trying to wake my brain up.

Klaus grabs my Mum by the back of the neck. She screams, but Klaus dunks her head into the water surrounding the fountain. She struggles to fight Klaus off but he continues to hold her head under. She takes her last breath as I rush over, finally forcing my body to move and the life leaves her eyes. Klaus takes his hand off her neck, leaving her body in the fountain. Turning to look around, his eyes widen in size as he notices me.

"Mum." I breathe, my hands entering the water to pull her out.

"No,no,no,no,no,no" I sob, pushing her wet hair off of her face.

"Evie." Klaus breathes, his hands reaching down to touch me, furiously I push them away.

"No-stay away." I sob, my voice breaking and my eye sight growing blurred.

He tries to touch me again, I swat his hands away, a dangerous glint in my eyes. "Get away!" I yell, he leaves, unwillingly as I cry over my dead Mother's body.