5. Disconnected.

"We put the world away, we're so disconnected. You are my getaway, you are my favorite place," -Disconnected, 5SOS

Zoey Willow Hunter

"LETTER?" I stretched out my hand. A letter was put in my hand and I tossed the mail in the box. Nico and I biked in silence to the next house. I caught him looking at me for a split-second, I felt uncomfortable under his eyes.

"Yo, Forrest?" I stopped in front of the next house.

"Yo, Zorro?"

I shuffled my feet as I reached out to grab the letter myself. He caught my hand and put it away from the mailbag. I felt as if my hand was on fire for a second there.

"I do the mail giving, remember?" His accent made it sound like he had said rememb-ah.

I nodded, "yeah, sorry. I wanted to ask—"

"Did you just apologize?" He gaped at me. And then grimaced. "You keep forgetting I'm not your friend."

Glaring at him, I named the family name and watched as he gave me two letters. Over the last week, Nico Forrest and I had cooperated. We rarely argued anymore, he was almost always on time and I never saw him after the mornings. He really did take our truce seriously, which was very surprising.

I thought he was the kind of guy who didn't have a single care in the world, besides girls and shaving every morning. Well, he did care about all of that. Every time a girl passed by us in the mornings, he wouldn't even be slightly shy into checking her out, from head to toe. His comments were anything but gentlemanly.

The amount of times I'd heard: "She got a nice bum, right Zorro?", "I'd tap that" or "Wow, I like Canadian girls" was incredible. He sometimes asked them out, which worked out very well for them. The next day, the same girl would walk down the same street as us at the same time of the day before.

The thing was, about all of this, we thought of each other as people obligated to work together. Not, according to him, friends.

"You keep forgetting that you suck."

He snorted, "nice insult."

"My insult is as original as your face."

"Seriously?" He laughed, "You're horrible at insulting me."

I stayed silent and mentally Avada Kedavra'd his butt. (1)

"Are you going to the campfire tonight?"

He shrugged, "If my schedule frees up."

"What schedule?" I chuckled, "all you do is stay home and watch inappropriate things."

"Oh please, Zorro, we both know I have a date every night."

"With a different girl each time, might I add," I said. He smiled at me playfully.

"Wait a second," he paused, "do you want me to be there?"

I furrowed my eyebrows together. "How'd you get that?"

"You asked me if I was going. Wait—do you want me to be your date?"

I took my water bottle out of my backpack, opened it and poured it on his head. He gasped at the coldness. The bottle was in the freezer all morning, yet it had melted. The water was freezing.

"What was that for? Bloody hell, what's wrong with you?" He looked down at his shirt, which clung to his body now. It was quite a sight, actually.

"That was for you thinking I actually like you. I was just making conversation, Forrest."

He took his shirt off and threw it at me. I screamed and threw it on the ground. He started to laugh and he moved to the next house. I quickly caught up to him and grunted with annoyement.