• nineteen

He wants to say I love you,
but keeps it to goodnight
because love will mean some falling
and she's afraid of heights.

Even though Alexis would be eternally grateful for the Potters' hospitality and kindness, she had been counting down the days to return to Hogwarts

Even though Alexis would be eternally grateful for the Potters' hospitality and kindness, she had been counting down the days to return to Hogwarts. And by the way the boys ran around excitedly, she could tell she wasn't the only one that considered Hogwarts to be much more than just a school. It was home.

Platform 9 3/4 was buzzing with teenagers who acted as if they had been separated from their friends for months rather than the actual two weeks they spent apart.

"Do you need any help, Alexis?" A blonde Hufflepuff boy approached her suddenly with a kind smile.

"Oh, no thanks. I got it." She lifted the small bag she had used for the trip instead of the usual trunk.

"Good to see you, Alexis!" A young Ravenclaw girl waved as she walked next to her. "Hope you had a nice holiday." A seventh year Gryffindor boy smiled and nodded her way. She reciprocated their gestures but quickened her pace, basically running into the first empty compartment she could find with the amused Marauders following behind. "What was that all about?"

"Alexis Riddle sent six Death Eaters to Azkaban." Remus took a seat next to the window and pulled out a book from his bag. "Quite the news, if you ask me."

"Wait, people know?" Her eyes widened as she looked at all of them with shock.

Sirius shrugged, took a seat next to the door and placed his feet on the empty seat beside him. "It was supposed to be a secret. So naturally everybody knows."

She groaned and sat in between Remus and Peter. "Just what I wanted."

Sirius smirked, "We all know you love the attention, Riddle. Stop trying to act like you don't."

"Says the guy who forced people to watch him perform for an hour straight. You're one to speak, Black."

"They watched me perform willingly." Sirius looked at her indignantly. Sirius turned to James, who was sitting next to him and across from Remus. "Tell her, Prongs."

James raised an eyebrow with a teasing smirk on his lips. "Your drunk ass was literally pulling people to the living room so they could watch you sing."

"Excuse me," A female voice interrupted them, making them all turn to look at the compartment door which was slightly opened as Catherine peaked in. "Mind if I sit here? Everywhere else is full. Even my friends' compartment."

Alexis pushed Peter aside and scooted over wanting to leave a space between herself and Remus, patting the place for Catherine to seat. Although the seat across from them, which was only occupied by James and Sirius, was much more spacious Catherine chose to sit next to Remus, much to everyone's delight.