XXXI

I leave Baja in the small barn to sleep. Not wanting to because usually I want her with me always and this was extremely important. But I needed to find answers and those answers didn't include Baja. Something tells me that bringing her with me would make things worse. I needed to do this one myself. We will see each other again someday, hopefully soon.

I was leaving the camp, the Dry Lands, and going to find this woman. This woman that I hardly know the name of. The only name that I could remember very clearly in my dream was Vixen. It must be her name, or even the girl with the fire like hair. Either way, I'm sure one of them can lead me to the other. I hope.

I'm going alone. I was planning to sneak out at night when everyone was still asleep. That way they wouldn't suspect me. That way I know no one can stop me and I don't have to face the heartbroken and angry faces of my friends and family.

Especially Raen.

Its funny, before I wanted nothing more than to escape and go back to the High Peaks. Now that I'm actually leaving, it hurts me to leave my friends, my brother and the little family that I never knew I had but somehow created. Despite their characteristics and nature being completely different from the elves, they have treated me better. They never put me down for my looks and treated me like an equal even though I was far from their strength, they made me feel like I was one of them. I even fell in love with one of them.

I knew that I had to move on. I had to grow. I had to be better and if that was being away from them then so be it.

I quietly open the door to Bow's house and creep up the stairs not making a sound before opening the door to Bow's room only to find he is in a deep sleep. For a moment I just stand there and look at my brother. Knowing this could be the last time I ever get to see him. I quickly snap myself out of my gaze and take a small breath, immediately getting to work on quietly gathering a bag of clothes, my knife that Malakei gave me to defend myself. I never go anywhere without it and I know I will be needing it.

Once I'm packed of everything I think I need, I leave the room and go downstairs. Packing some food from the kitchen. I felt bad enough leaving without taking some coins from Ana, so I didn't. I could find another way to get food when I needed to, I hoped.

I leave the house just like that and make my way into the dark night. Barely any light available apart from some torches leading the trail down to the barricade. I follow it but know I wasn't leaving just yet. There was something I needed to do first.

Someone I needed to see.

-

"Keylin?" Corrin stirred in his sleep, bringing his hand up to wipe his face from where he was sleeping on the ground. His eyes blinking the tiredness away before looking up at me, shocked and disappointed.

"Keylin it's nearly bright." His voice was hoarse. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm leaving." I reply as I push open the stiff cage and make my way into it. Looking Corrin seriously in the eye.

"And you're coming with me."

"You're not leaving Keylin." Corrin informed me before furrowing his brows and gawking at my bag. Looking me up and down and contemplating my attire. I was dressed warm because I knew where I was going was somewhere I wouldn't expect it. Corrin frowned at this.

"You can't-"

"Yes, I am Corrin. Something happened and I-"

"What happened Keylin?" Corrin stands up alert, his chains rattling and I immediately walk forward to hold them in place, making sure they won't make any more unnecessary noise. Corrin's nostrils flare angrily as he looks down at me searching.