New Student

Kassandra's POV

Walking down the hallway towards my first class, well stumbling really as I'm being shoved into every locker by everyone. I catch snippets of conversations.

"Did you hear about the new student?"

"I heard she killed one of the hunters".

"I heard she fought the commander and won, that's what that lockdown was about yesterday".

"I heard she seriously hot". One person commented.

For some reason that one comment caused a flash of rage in me. It was so unexpected that I froze for a split second, only to be pushed forward by the person who bumped into my back.

The ground rushed up to meet my face, I put my hands forward to try and stop myself from face planting, but as I was about to hit the ground a booted foot struck my side and I was slammed sideways into the lockers, my papers flying everywhere.

I sat up dazed and leaned my head back on the locker as they all laughed and threw things at me.

After a minute I tried to scramble to pick up my papers but they kept stepping on my fingers trying to crush them. I gritted my teeth to keep from crying.

What have I ever done to deserve this kind of treatment.?

The bell went off signaling the start of first hour and I knew I would be late. The halls began to empty as people went to the rooms and I rushed to pick up the remaining papers. Dusting myself off I rushed toward my class.

Flinging the door open everyone stopped to look up at me.

"Class started seven minutes ago" Ms. Grey sneered at me.

"I know ma'am. Sorry." I whispered trying to not be seen.

"We shouldn't have to pause our lesson because you're to stupid to know when class starts". She continues further embarrassing me.

The other snicker as she continues to verbally lash me. I look at the ground just wanting to disappear.

"Find your seat and don't interrupt my class again". She finally finishes.

I nod my head and begin making my way down the isle towards my seat in the back. There are many attempts to trip me but I so used to it that I know how to avoid it.

Sitting down and looking at the front the teacher starts the lesson with one hate filled glare in my direction. I sigh and take out my book to work.

Twenty minutes into the lesson the door is thrown open and a girl walks in followed by four hunters.

She has beautiful black/blue hair that reaches down to her waist, she was wearing black skinny jeans and a black top and black knee high boots.

My inspection of her ended at her face. There's only one word to describe her. Gorgeous. Full pink lips, high cheek bones and a small nose. She had to be about 5"9.

I let out a loud gasp as our eyes meet and everyone turned to stare at me. I could feel me cheeks getting warm and I ducked my head.

This is the girl from the other night. I thought as I raised my head to look at her again.

She was looking directly at me and smirked at me. I blushed again. She began walking down the isle toward me and I sat up straighter in my seat.

"Aren't you going to introduce yourself miss". Ms. Grey said to her back.

"No". She replied without looking back. Everyone was shocked, you don't speak to an instructor like that without serious consequences. But this girl didn't seem to care.

She stopped next to my desk and turned to the boy sitting in the seated beside me .

" Move" She commanded. The boy looked like he didn't understand what she was saying.

"W-what?" He sputtered.

"Move." She stated. "I won't tell you again". She finished coldly.

He looked like he wanted to protest, but before he got a word out a small baby wolf jumped from around her neck and landed on the desk in front of him growling. He flew up from his seat and backed away.

" She said move you idiot, does no one understand understand English anymore?" The wolf baby spoke.

We were all stunned into silence, not really understanding what was happening. A talking wolf?

She sat down in the recently vacated seat like nothing had just happened. Her wolf baby turned to the front of the room to face the stunned class.

"Hi my name is Fen and this here is my friend Aliana, we'll be attending your school for a little while. We're really happy to be here". He said.

"You didn't have to say all that Fen she said looking down at him".

"I like to make an entrance Ali you know that".

"Hmm". She replies not saying anything else.

Her eyes suddenly shift too me and I'm struck with how beautiful they are. Like a swirling rainbow. But for some reason those same beautiful eyes seem so cold.

I realise I'm staring and duck my head and blush furiously. Everyone in front are just watching.

I turn towards her and hold out my hand. " Hi, I'm Kassandra"

She looks at my hand for a few seconds, as I'm about to pull my hand back I feel her hand slipping into mine and locking on.

Sparks shoot up my arm from where it was connected to hers. I felt something opening up inside me. I looked back at her and saw her gritting her teeth as she glared down at our joined hands.

Something flashed behind her eyes before quickly being concealed behind her icy image.

"Hi, I'm Aliana. Nice to meet you too" She says and turns back to the front.

I watch her for a second then look at the mini wolf.

"Hi. I'm Kassandra". I say and he breaks out in a wolfie smile.

"Well hello there Kassandra. I'm Fen, pleased to make such a beautiful lady's acquaintance". He says and I swear I heard a low growl coming from Aliana.

I smile and turn back to the front to see everyone still staring. Ducking down in my seat I try to disappear as Fen chuckles.