Jack Maynard - Sick of this world

Prompt: I'm sick

Hope you like it

--

Jack stood on the rooftop staring down at the street bellow him. They were quite at the minute as it was half past midnight. He started down, thinking about how easy it would be to jump, to end it all. To end the pain, the empty and aloneness he felt. Even when surrounded by people he loved, he felt alone, isolated. He thought about what would happen if he jumped, would anyone notice? Would anyone really care?

Everything had been good, but like always the depression came crawling back. It made him feel useless, pointless, like he was a burden to everyone. He pushed everyone away including you, his girlfriend for almost 2 years now. You were always there to support him, help him get through his worst days when all he wanted to do was stay in bed and pretend he didn't exist. But he believed you deserved better, he didn't see how much you loved him, how much he meant to you, how your world was incomplete without him. All he saw was the fact it felt you had to be there to look after him, like he was weighing you down. But he knew he'd hurt you by pushing you away. So maybe it would be best this way,

if he just left this world.

~

You woke up randomly at half midnight, a bad felling in your gut. Like something terrible was about to happen. You picked up your phone to see you had a missed call from Jack. You immediately panicked. He hadn't spoken to you in just over 2 weeks he was blocking you out of his life, pushing you away.

So many thoughts were racing through your mind.

Was he okay?

What was happening?

Where was he?

So you called him back straight away.

~

Jack stepped closer to the edge of the roof top and climbed on top of the wall that was bordering it.

"This is it" He whispered to himself.

"3...2..-"

His phone began ringing.

He pulled it out his pocket to see the your name on the screen and a photo of you two laughing, you both looked so happy. He missed the good old days.

He swiped his finger across the screen to answer the call.

"Jack?" Just hearing your voice was comforting to him.

"Y/n?" He said quietly trying to prevent you from hearing that he'd been crying.

"Jack are you okay? Where are you? Whats happening?" You babbled.

He looked at the down for a second before stepping of the wall and back onto the roof.

"I'm fine" He replied.

"No you're not" You insisted "If you are fine why did you call me at midnight?"

He took a deep breath trying to keep himself calm.

"Y/n I-i" His voice cracked as tears slid down his cheek.

"I tried to kill myself."

You were silent for a second, taking in this information, you wanted to go to panic mode, you wanted to cry, but you didn't you stayed strong for him.

"DON'T MOVE I'm on my way" You stated before hanging up the phone and rushing out the door as quick a possible.

~

You did a 20 minute journey in just under 10 minuets. You were moving so fast, 1. Because you need to get to Jack as fast as possible, 2. So you didn't give yourself time to think over everything, didn't give yourself time to think about all the things you could have done that would have stopped him doing this.

You never ran, but you ran up the stairs to the rooftop faster than Usain Bolt.

"Jack!" You called out as you saw him.

He turned around and you saw his puffy red eyes and tear stained cheeks. He looked so hurt and broken.

You ran to him and threw our arms around him. He cried into your shoulder. You were so thankful he hadn't done it,so thankful he was still here. You held him so tight, you never ever wanted to let. Never wanted to loose him.

You felt his body shake slightly as he cried. You hated seeing him like this, it hurt you so much.

"I'm sick y/n, I'm sick of life, I'm sick of this world, I'm sick of being here" He sobbed

His words broke you. You hugged him harder. It was becoming more and more difficult to hold back tears, but you knew you need to be strong for him

"Come on lets go down to your apartment and we can talk there" You said softly as you pulled out the hug.

~

You got Jack a blanket and made him a hot chocolate.

"So lets talks" You said as you snuggled under the blanket with him.

"I don't want" He replied "I don't want to talk about it, I want to talk about all the good things in live, all the things that make me want to stay in this words."

So thats what you did. You sat under the blanket, talking about all your good memories and plans for the future. Eventually he opened up about how he was feeling and you sat having a deep conversation until you began falling asleep in his arms at around 3 am.

"I love you so much Jack" You mumbled sleepily.

"I love you too y/n" He said as he kissed the top of your head.