Ch. 17: Jack's Unheard Pleads

Jack wakes up, Signe is sleeping against his side, her head is resting on his shoulder and her arm across his chest. Jack smiles a little. He kisses Signe's head. He closes his eyes, resting his head against hers. 'I don't know what I would do without her.' Jack thought to himself.

After a few minutes, the pain started to get to Jack, but he didn't have it in him to wake up Signe. He closes his eyes, a groan slips past his lips and he moves, all which, wake her. Her arms move around his waist and tighten, they tighten around his stomach enough to make it hurt Jack.

"Arghh!" Jack cried. Signe flinched, Jack pushes Signe away, he grits his teeth as his arms go around his stomach. Signe gasps and she touches his arm.

"O-Oh my god. I'm so sorry!" Signe said. Jack kept his head low. "I'll go get your pain medicine." Signe gets off the bed and leaves the room. Jack coughs, he puts his hand on his head. His eyes widen, he heard someone laugh. Jack's eyes fade from his usual bright blue to a dull green color. Jack smirks.

"Finally....you are too weak to hold me back, Sean." Jack said to himself. He heard Signe coming, his hand goes over his green eyes and they change to bright blue. He hangs his head low and Signe goes beside him.

"Here." She said. Jack picks his head up, he gives Signe a weak smile.

"Si-Signe..I-I'm okay." He said. Signe sits down on the bed, she puts the two pills in Jack's hand.

"I know, but it will make me feel better." Signe said. She hands him some water and he takes the pills. Jack could see she looks guilty. Jack puts his arm around her waist, he lifts up her chin before he kisses her. Signe shocked at first, but she returns it, slipping her arms around his neck. Jack pulls her closer to him, Signe pushes against Jack's shoulders, making him lay down on his back as they kiss. Signe breaks it, she blushes and smiles at Jack. Jack could feel the pain medication starting to kick in, making him loopy and tired. Jack grabs Signe's wrist, he squeezes her wrist tighter than normal which surprises her. She stops moving and looks at him. 'He never grabs me like that...why did he...it must be the drugs. He isn't really thinking straight.' She thought. Jack's eyes avert hers and he lets go of her.

"S-Sorry." He apologized. She gives him a smile.

"It's okay." She said. She kisses his cheek. She moves to the other side of Jack and gets under the covers, snuggling up to him as he closes his eyes. He rests his arm around her. She buries her face in his neck, closing her eyes. Soon they both fall asleep.

When he opens his eyes, he sees Sean chained up limp to the wall. Anti chuckles. Sean picks his head up, the bandage around his stomach stained red.

"I love your girlfriend, Jack. She is..well..the perfect first test." Anti said. Jack's hands ball into fists.

"Don't you dare bring her into th-this—" Anti kicks Jack in the stomach knocking the air out if his lung. Jack wheezed. Anti grabs a handful of Jack's hair and pulls his head up so their eyes meet.

"Oh don't worry, I won't hurt her much. I want to have a little fun with her first. Do things with her you are too afraid too." Anti said. Jack's eyes widen. He tries to grab Anti, but pain pierces in his stomach rendering him too weak to move. Anti laughs. "Don't worry, she'll love it, Jack. I have to entertain myself somehow." Jack flinches at that.