Veezara x Reader - Helping you our pt.2

You asked for it, and here it is! I love this man, so worth the time I spent writing this.

Important!: Slight spoilers for the DB questline!

Fan art: https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/demon%60s-souls

Well I might have an explanation for that.

I awoke to the sound of a ruckus in the bar just outside of the room. The soft sheets brushed over y skin as I stretched my arms out in front of me. Sheets on my skin? I lifted the covers to reveal that my night dress had risen above my hips and had slipped down below my breasts. That's why I was so cold all night!

I got up, taking off the ridden up dress and putting on my bitterly cold armour, then began to pack up my belongings onto my person.

The whole ordeal with Veezara the previous night was weighing heavily on my mind, I could barely think about anything else. All those feelings I felt after he kissed the back of my hand, and all those thoughts about him being with me sexual while I slept; it was all too much for me. I dared to hope that I had woken up later than him and that he had already left, to spare myself the humiliation of having those thoughts still playing with my mind.

I opened the door to my room slowly, and the Inn keeper raised on eyebrow at me as I sat at the bar.

"Here's the room key." I handed the small iron piece over the counter. "Would you happen to know if my associate from last night has left already?"

"Yes, left pretty early." He began as he opened up a pint of mead for me. "He took off without a word though, poor fellow must have had quite the night."

I gave him a questioning look but earned nothing in response. I shrugged it off as I handed him the coin for the drink and took off to the corner table. Veezara? In a hurry? Never. He was never late for anything, he was always exactly on time. But it did get me thinking about last night once again. What if he didn't want to face me as much as I didn't want to face him? It made sense.

"I'm sorry I forgot to ask." The Inn keeper's son came up to me. "Will you need any food for your journey?"

"No." I smiled, sculling the mead handing him the empty bottle. "But thank you for he hospitality and the drink."

"Have a nice day." He waved as I opened the door to the cold and brittle air and left the building.

It was about an hour into my journey that I remembered the huffy tone of Veezara's voice rattling through my head.

"Not if I see you there first my dear."

What motivation to arrive home first ey?

I picked up the pace as I walked, a spring in my step had appeared and I was bouncing down the road to Falkreath. My contract was now the only thing bothering me. If Vicci was truly a murder to rile fear for the Emperor, then why do so when he has not arrived here yet? Does that not defeat the purpose? He could just turn back and forget the ordeal because he was threatened. Then what was the real purpose for the murder?

I barely had time to answer my own question as I approached the black door.

A manic laugh rattled my ears as I set foot into the Sanctuary.

After good few minutes of chatting to Astrid about the contract and her giving me a reward for a bonus I completed, something called a spectral assassin, she finally gave me a new task and let me be on my way.

"Now then. Time to proceed to the next stage of the plan. Go and speak with Gabriella. She's been helping me arrange your next contract." Astris said, handing me the book that would allow me to learn the Spectral assassin summoning spell. "Good luck."