The Art of Courting- Chapter Thirteen

Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone commenting and voting!! You guys are amazing and I loooove you!

This chapter is dedicated to farawayfromnowhere because I adore her story Never Have I Ever, just like everyone else on wattpad! Read it if you haven't! It's sad but good!

The song for this chapter is Psycho Killer by Talking Heads. It's not for everyone, but I like it <3

This chapter is a bit of a filler...

Kay, bye!

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

You start a conversation you can’t even finish it

You’re talking a lot, but you’re not saying anything

When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed

Say something once, why say it again?

Psycho killer

Qu’est-ce que c’est

Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-far better

Run run run run run run run away- Psycho Killer, Talking Heads

AT SCHOOL ON WEDNESDAY CHELSEA was quietly content. She was sitting next to Jay at one of the tables outside, his arm around her, with Jordan and her friends.

“Uh oh, weirdo alert!” Eliza giggled. Her brown eyes widened at something behind Chelsea. Turning around to see what everyone was looking at, she wasn’t surprised that May and Dani were heading over to their table. Their arms were linked and big smiles were plastered on their faces.

Great.  

“Oh yay,” Jay muttered, echoing her thoughts.

Even so, she still elbowed him. “They’re my friends! Make an effort!”

“Only one of them is your friend, and these days you’re closer to my sister then you are to her.”       

“That’s not true! Shut up!” she whined just as the two girls arrived. May sent her a confused look.

“What’s not true?”

“Noth-”

“That Chelly spends more time with my sister then she does with you.”

Dammit! Why can’t he have a filter on his mouth?

“Um…” May looked around awkwardly. “Sorry?”

“You should be,” Jay pouted. “She’s your best friend and you’ve been neglecting her.”

The more they talked the more Chelsea sunk into her chair. Dani was glaring daggers at her (not that she knew why) and it was making her more uncomfortable than Jay talking. His arm was still around her as he scolded May, his hand drawing small circles on her exposed arm. It sent shivers through her entire body, even though she was sure he didn’t realize that he was doing it.

Jay was a toucher. He always had some sort of physical contact with her, whether it was bodily contact or just standing unusually close. She also found that he had an obsession with twirling her hair around when he was bored.