#36 Jasmine

Trisha.

"It was as simple as that?" Varsha asked me and I nodded.

"Yes" I said "Sanjana, Be my girlfriend" I imitated him.

"Either he's a playboy or He's head over heels in love with you" Varsha said.

"Yea right!" I Snorted in an unladylike fashion "Love!"

The guys and Aditi was silent.

"What do you think?" Varsha turned to them "What will you do if you are interested in a girl?"She asked.

"Asking you to be his girlfriend on the first date?" Aditya said "If it was me, I would be worried about scaring you away" He said.

Karthik nodded. "For me, I would not mind about confession and all, As long as the person who I love is close to me, I will be happy" he said.

"But why are you looking at Aditi, Karthik?" I teased him. "Even if you are not bothered about a confession, It look like your actions can convey the message well" I said.

"Trisha" Karthik smiled sweetly at me "I will surely pay you back when your time comes" he said and varsha chuckled.

"What about you, Shahid?" Aditi ignored us and turned to shahid.

"When I was in college, Jasmine was in love with me and I had no idea" He said "I was her senior and I was serious about my works"

"Then how come?" I asked him

"I was the project head, I was kind of like a leader, You see, I was serious and dedicated to my works, So my professor probably didn't get anyone else who was loyal to the syllabus like me" He said bitterly. "I was alone most of the time, Don't get me wrong, I was friendly with all, But I knew that I am different from others, I knew that I am neither rich, nor from an influential family, So I had to take care of myself" He said.

"Most of the people at college thought that I Am very arrogant because of my serious attitude and called me 'big head' behind my back"

"Whoa, You were that serious!? What happened then?"

"You got my character, right? Now jasmine" He smiled slightly, Painfully.

"She was entirely opposite from me, She had a lot of friends around her, Or you could say that everyone from the watchman to the canteen workers were her friends, She was a bright and bubbly character" He said affectionately. "She was rich and she was living with her mom"

"Then how come you two ended up together?" It was Aditya now.

"I was their project head, Most of the students drop out of the project by the end of the year, But jasmine was always very dedicated, we had a formal relationship, We greet each other and say bye at the end of the class, There was nothing more than that..Or at least that's what I had thought that time"

"I really admired her dedication to the project and she often came to me about discussing it, She even went to library with me to research and I swear, I never suspected anything out of ordinary until the rumours started" Shahid said.

Everyone was listening intently at his story now. It is the first time shahid is opening up to us.

"Then one fine day, one of my friends asked me "how is your jasmine doing?" and I was taken aback at that, I tried to explain to them that there's nothing going on between us, But then, All of them started to attack me, I could not even answer the their questions properly" He said.

"They wanted to know why she's so dedicated to my project, They wanted to know why she was always around me whenever I am alone, Why she is the only person who's helping me with my researches and etc..oh..and they also pointed out to me that she's the only girl who was seen to have lunch with me" He said and all of us laughed.