Chapter 38: Restrictions

Mature language. You have been warned
_________________________________________________________

After escaping into the woods she had slept in the trees as they provided and allowed for her to sleep. She didn't light any fires at first since there was still the worry of not being captured by Bai and she did not have any material to light with. After a week she had reached the border between Xue and Jiang. She knew she just had another day to be even remotely safe. She had been careful but she wasn't prepared for Bai's face to pop up in front of her. The beautiful and alluring face had suddenly appeared in her sight and put her into a short state of shock that Bai took as an opportunity to hit her acupoints and not allow her yell or run. Mingxia Jie glared hatefully at Bai, she eyes screaming that she would get her payback playfully. Bai laughed lightly and looked at Mingxia Jie before knocking her out. He picked her up and carried her across the border. Bai spoke out loud:
"I'm curious. You escaped to here, but you did not know that I had planned to bring you here first. Truly fate has given me a chance."

As the night sky bloomed, Bai had put Mingxia Jie down and tied her with vines. He had chosen a suitable place that had a ring of shrubs around. Knowing that if she tried to leave through there she would be heard. He placed her back against a tree and went to get firewood. They slept under the starry night sky. One bound; one not bound. As dawn started to rise, the light had woken Mingxia Jie from her knock out. She noticed the vines and looked at her surroundings before sneering at the place Bai had chosen. The shrubs would work as a natural alarm system. She slithered out of the vines and picked up her dagger food rations and water before starting to climb the tree she had been resting against. As she was nearing a branch that was sufficiently sturdy enough to hold her weight, she started to feel as though she was underwater. She could breath and her face started to turn blue and her thoughts became muddy. She reached out to reach the branch only to miss and fall from the height.

She regained her breathing and quickly moved to catch the tree, but her actions were too slow and she landed on the ground with a loud THUD. The wind had been knocked out of her and she quietly groaned. Bai had opened her eyes to see Mingxia Jie on the ground. He heard the thud and was curious to see what she had done. She looked at Bai from upside down and saw Bai smirk at her. Her mouth twitched slightly
'This motherfucker... he had been awake this whole time...'
It had been true. Bai had been awake since she slithered out of the vines but was curious to see what she was planning to do. He pictured in his mind the footsteps Mingxia Jie had taken, but she stayed near the camp and after a short while the steps disappeared. He hadn't known where she had gone off to. The only reason for these actions was to check if the collar he had placed around her neck was working. And for a period of time, he panicked and believed she had escaped again. That was when he heard the thud that he knew it was working well very much. Mingxia Jie sat up and felt around her neck, the choking feeling felt as though she were underwater and drowning. She felt something that wasn't there before. A blue jade necklace with a pendant that had inscribed the word 'slave'. She had heard about these collars before. That if servants were punished that they would be placed on this collar and placed a certain distance away from their master, where they would choke themselves to death. She was possessed what Bai had put on her. Mingxia had stood up and dusted herself off. She saw Bai had stood up and started walking away. She was shocked and stayed close to Bai's body as she wasn't sure as to where these restrictions would end. She didn't like it but kept close looking at Bai with mischievous eyes.
"I'll get you back for this later. You know that right."
"If I didn't know that I wouldn't  have been so careful and put a slave collar on you."
They looked at each other before Mingxia Jie pouted and kept walking further into the forest with Bai.