Chapter 1 (EDITED)

Author's Note
Hello, lovely readers!
Here's chapter one of the edited and better version of "Sweet Mistake" which I have started working on. Let me know what you think of it? 😌

*.*.*.*

Narrator:
Armand gazed at the imposing men restraining him against the wall, consumed by fear like never before. This was a familiar feeling, especially when he had failed to fulfill a task for the formidable boss. What had he expected? That he could siphon money from the Chicago cartel into his account without consequences? Foolish and cowardly, that's what he was. And now, he was about to face the repercussions.

Amidst the booming music and revelry emanating from the hall, Armand's pleas for mercy were drowned out as the men began to pummel him. His cries went unheard, especially from his position behind the main house. It seemed certain that he would meet his end that very night.

Emerging from the front of the house, the charismatic Leandro Enrique issued a commanding order, "Enough now." The men released the battered and bloodied Armand, letting him collapse onto the floor.

"Well, well, Armand my man. You had the audacity to show up at Antonio's wedding, huh? Fully aware that you had embezzled a substantial sum from me. Or did you believe I wouldn't find out?" Leandro's smile widened, signaling impending danger.

It meant only one thing, and Armand understood it well. Leandro's smiles were venomous.

"I-I'm sorry, boss. I'm sorry..." Armand pleaded, attempting to reach out to Leandro.

"Don't stain my pants with your filthy blood, you imbecile! Are you out of your mind?" Leandro stepped back, repulsed.

"I'll repay you! I swear!"

"I'll repay you, I swear..." Leandro mimicked, emitting a wicked laugh that sent shivers down the spine. He was a hidden psychopath, someone who valued human life little. His only vulnerability lay in his small family. Everything else was meaningless to him.

"Just how dimwitted are you?"

"I'll do anything! Please, spare me! I'll never repeat this mistake! Please!"

Leandro smirked, thoroughly amused.

"He wants me to spare his sorry ass," he pondered aloud, glancing at his men. Their laughter ensued, not because it was amusing, but because Leandro expected them to laugh. Fear resonated from everyone. He feared no one.

"Now, let's discuss the plan," he continued, crouching beside Armand. Placing his hand on the traumatized man's shoulder, he froze him in place. "Relax, caro amico. Are you scared?" he chuckled.

"Y-yes, sir..."

"Well, you have every reason to be. As I was saying," he proceeded, "I'll let my men take care of you. Then, I'll dispose of your body so I can enjoy my brother's wedding in peace. Because if I were to handle you personally, it would be far worse. What do you say?" he whispered, caressing the man's face.

"Please, please, please!"

"Ugh! Just shut up already!" Leandro groaned, running his fingers impatiently through his hair. "Tell the devil I said hi. No, that's pointless. I am the devil," Leandro laughed, standing up. He then turned to his men and said, "Handle it discreetly. I trust you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to find a girl to sleep with and drown myself in alcohol." He excused himself, leaving poor Armand in the hands of his henchmen.