Chapter 60: Parting

CHAPTER 60:
PARTING

         "WELL, ARE  you sure you live here?" Nikolas asked her as he stared at ruined walls of the factory they were in.

"Yeah, there's no mistake, this is the place I came from to shop," she replied innocently before looking right and left couple of times. Which way was the right way again?

"This place isn't half bad, despite being in such terrible state, it's actually quite stable and decent for being a hideout," Daniel threw from behind as he followed where her eyes went.

Did she even...

"Then, why don't you know which way we should go?" Nikolas asked skeptically. He even suspected that she purposely led them to this place because she didn't want them to know where she really lived, but another part of him told him that the brat who was so terrible with directions couldn't possibly think so far ahead.

"I do, don't be so rude!"

"You do realize that we passed this point four times already?" he asked and she gulped. They have?

"That is... You see, a special routine!" she threw in her defense.

"Special routine?" Daniel raided his eyebrow before coming closer, "Then, how many times do we have left to pass this place before proceeding forward?"

"Uh..." Why did it all seem much simpler with Wolf leading the way? She certainly remembered that with him it was few turns right and they were there, but when she tried those turns, she always seemed to get back to the starting point.

"It's not my fault, this place is just too large!" she protested and they both looked at each other.

She admitted it!

"Eh, kid is that you?" a voice asked not to far from them and her eyes lit up. Wolf!

"What is this, it wasn't even an hour? Is it really you or just my imagination?" he mused to himself, still not being in their line of sight and she breathed a sigh of relief.

"It's me, big brother. I came back from shopping!" she yelled excitedly waiting for him to find her so that she could finally have a breakfast. She really thought that she'll never come back here again.

"..."

Silence followed after her response.

Wolf sucked on his breath, big brother?

"It was my imagination after all, those medicines only made it worse," he spoke to himself before trying to find the girl just in case she really was there.

"Can you follow my voice and head my way?" he doubted that she could anyway, but as long as she was speaking, he could track her down.

"Let's go, I can guess where it came from," Daniel said quietly before going ahead and the two followed behind him. Daniel was, after all, much better guide than the shrimp.

"I can, I'm coming," she said and Wolf groaned. Maybe he should've just fold her to stay in place. Knowing her, she'll just probably get even further ahead.

Whatever, as long as she was in the factory, they were good to go. 

Not much time passed in between their screaming at each other that they were finally able to meet. Alis looked like she was about to burst out crying while Wolf only stared skeptically at the trio in front of his eyes.

One was a brat he picked up who would need at least a whole day to find her way back, another way Italian Noble while third person in front of him was Noble's right hand. There was something off with this match-up.