Chapter 31

The rest of the flight was quite stressful for me. Having to fly for twelve hours straight was something I didn't like at all. I began getting used to the constant turbulence, the ear popping and the tiredness.

The only good thing for me was that I was left alone. I didn't have anyone questioning me or ordering me around. I could use this time for myself. To think about everything happening to me in the past weeks.

My deep thoughts were cut by a heart stopping shake the airplane made, causing me to squint my eyes tightly and hold into the first hand I found. Christopher raised an eyebrow at my sudden act. But to my instincts he answered like this.

"You have some quick reflexes"

The rest of the flight was peaceful for me. I watched plenty of movies, ate and slept. Soon the pilot announced that we were almost there. I don't know what was it but his announcement made me feel weird. I felt as though something good and at the same time bad is going to happen.

After the plane landed I felt my legs weaken. This place seemed so familiar. It was too familiar.

"I am sure you must want to know where we are."Christopher spoke. I didn't tear my gaze away from the window.

"Gabriella, we are currently In-"

"Italia" I muttered to myself cutting of Christophers words. My knees got week. We were in Italy. I was home.

"How did you know?" Antonio questioned.

"I just felt it" I muttered to myself.

I put my backpack over my shoulder and took a deep breath. I couldn't believe we were in Italy. What business did Christopher have in here? I silently followed Christopher as he walked out of the plane.

We went down the stairs making a small gasp escape my lips. All this trees, the nature. It reminded me of home. Home. The word brought a small smile on my face.

Instantly I imagined myself sitting at our old home in Italy. Me and Alex were drinking hot chocolate which mom just prepared for us and watching Christmas movies while mom and dad were in the kitchen.

We were quietly whispering with Alex about our opinions on the smell coming from the kitchen. We were wondering what was mom cooking?  Perhaps it was-

Without realizing what happened I bumped into someone with such force that it send me to the ground.

"Ouch" I muttered rubbing my arm.

"Oh, I'm sorry for running into you." I heard a unfamiliar voice of a guy. I looked up to see a young handsome man extending his hand for me to take. Before I could react two other hands appeared in front of me.

Christopher, Antonio and the handsome stranger were all extending their hands for me to take. Without a second thought I gave my hand to the stranger. He pulled me up with ease.

"Scusa me bella." He whispered staring right into my eyes.

"Your beauty must have blinded me signorina" He flashed me an angelic smile.

"I forgive you. I wasn't looking where I was going either." I regained my speaking abilities.

"My name is Felix." He kissed my knuckles gently. This man surely knew how to act with a woman. 

"Gabriella" I whispered back.

Felix was indeed handsome. He seemed young. Perhaps my age. He had the infamous Santobello eyes. Blue as the Ocean itself. Black messy hair. A well built body accompanied with mind-blowing manners.

A sound of a clearing throat was what brought me back to my senses. Christopher was hugging Felix.

"Welcome back! cugino. I missed you" Felix exclaimed happily. They were cousins? Did all of the Santobello's have this gene? All of them were so good looking!

"I see you already met Gabriella. She is the woman I told you about." Christopher announced after a few words with his cousin.

Felix's eyes widnend in realisation, before a smile took a hold on his face.

"So this is the woman who got the whole Mafia on it's feet! I think we will get along pretty well with piccola belezza over here" He smirked.

"sta 'zitto!" Christopher smirked back causing me to raise my eyebrows at him.

"Gabriella you will be staying with Felix most of the time. Whenever me and Antonio are busy he is in charge of you." Christopher folded his arms together.

"Excuse me?" I exclaimed.

"Do you really think we will let you here alone? Plus don't forget about the risk of getting caught" Christopher said sharply.

"Not that I mind Mister Handsome over here, but I don't need a babysitter, Christopher!" I exclaimed.

"The word babysitter makes me sound old. Let's call it a bodyguard" Felix announced.

"A bodyguard? Why would I need a bodyguard?" I chuckled.

"What if something happens? I will be there to protect you" He smiled cutely.

"I am pretty sure I can protect myself." I folded my arms together.

"Now, we all know you don't need anyone protecting you. But this isn't a joke Gabriella. If Ivan finds you then your dead." Christopher stated.

"Why would you care about my well being?" I raised an eyebrow a satisfied look crossing my face.

Did Christopher actually care about me or was this just a part of the game?

"I wouldn't want to loose my wing woman would I?" Christopher smirked back.

"I am starving! Let's go grab lunch." Felix cut off the staring contest between me and Christopher. We all followed him.