Chapter 26

Elizabeth silently sat as she watched the surroundings change around her. She listened to the sound of the ac and radio softly humming in the back. Her eyes were trained of the window beside her. 

She could feel his presence beside her and mostly, his eyes on her...

"Are you alright?" He asked her placing his hand on her shoulder. Startled she jumped slightly before turning to him. "Didn't mean to scare you." He said with a sly smile on his face. 

"You didn't... But yes I am alright. Just curious about what you have planned." She said looking him in the eye. "Good." He said smiling as the car stopped. "And I'll guess you'll just have to wait and see."

Suddenly the car door beside her opened and a hand appeared beside her. She took the hand and the man helped her out of the car. Once she looked up her eyes were met with a plane... A fucking plane....

"James?" She said nervously looking behind her. "Something wrong?" He asked suddenly standing beside her. "Why is there a plane?" She said motioning towards it. "That's for me to know and for you to find out..." He said extending his arm for her to take. 

She drew in a breath as she looked at it for a moment before taking his arm. He smiled at her for a moment before leading her up the stairs and into the plane. A young flight attendant welcomed the two of them as they walked by. 

The inside of his private plane looked quite different than his fathers had. Elizabeth thought as she took it all in. This looked more, well modern, more like him. He lead them over to two arm chairs. 

Elizabeth sat down in the first one and he said down across from her. "So are you excited yet?" He asked her as the flight attendant handed him a glass of champagne. "I'm not sure yet..." She said as the flight attendant handed her a glass as well. 

"Well, to a nice weekend!" He said raising his glass.

Elizabeth wasn't sure what to think of it all... Hell she wasn't even sure what to think about this guy... She sighed as she took another sip of her champagne. 

"How was your week?" He said casually setting down his own glass. "Fine." She said looking up at him. "Nothing really eventful happened." 

There was a strange expression on his usually stern face. One that seemed to be relaxed and showing genuine interest in her week. It was strange seeing the man before her, a man who usually had no time for anything other then work at all, make time for her. 

She looked away for a moment, lost in thought and staring out of the window. Why did he do that? Why would he do that?

"Are you alright?" He said touching her knee. Elizabeth snapped back to reality and looked him dead in the eye. "Uhm... Yeah, I'm fine..." She said leaning back into her chair.

"You looked zoned out for a moment." He said brows still slightly furrowed. "I think I was." She said grabbing the champagne glass once more and taking another sip.

"Now do tell me, what did the great James McGregor Jr. do this week?" She said. 

"The great?" He said with a smug look on his face as he leaned back into his chair. "I must say I never did care much for being named after my father." He said relaxing visibly. "I can imagine." 

"I thought you liked the old man?" 

"I do, it's just that being named after someone can put a lot of strain on someone. I mean your father was quite the business man, everyone knows his name. It can be very tough to make a name of your own, and not to be immediately associated with him." She said recrossing her legs and drinking her champagne.

"I just never liked having the same name as that asshole." He replied chuckling. 

"So were are we going?" Elizabeth said changing the subject and putting her glass down. "You'll find out soon enough..."