Chapter 5

Deep lost in his own thoughts, Ford skipped the last step of the stairs and landed elegantly on the floor. With a deep sigh he isolated himself in his laboratory to decide for a plan. First of all, he would need to gather all the signs together in a meeting...

As he finally saw the mess his spilled coffee had left on the table he turned on the spot around and went back into the kitchen to fetch a few tissues and towels to clean everything up. Luckily nothing of his notes were damaged...
His thoughts drifted once again to the others. There were a lot of people to find... Fiddleford was easy to locate. Maybe he should be the first one he visited.
Or possible even gather everybody in the Northwest villa he lived in? Enough place for the ritual could be found there.

Nodding to himself Ford took a small notebook and noted all the names of the signs he needed to find.
Gideon
Robbie
Wendy
Soos
Fiddleford
Pacifica
Stanley
Mabel
Dipper
and Ford himself of course. With that he had his list. He knew Gideon acted like an almost normal boy now and still lived with his parents.

"Glad he's not in prison anymore... But every way is a good way if I use a gun."
Ford smiled to himself and headed upstairs. Fiddleford was the first one to visit, so without bothering to explain anything to his brother he grabbed the bored man at his ear and pulled him out of the house to the car.
"Ford!! Ow!! Let go you ass!!"
Stan of course struggled, but against Ford who had something stuck in his mind he could've been talking to a wall too. So more or less, he let his brother shove him into the car and left him there, only to return with Dipper and Mabel left and right to him.

"No questions, into the car!"
The three of them exchanged a worried glance with each other while Ford left once again into the wooden house to return with a worried Soos following him.
"Dude, what's this supposed to mean?!"
Ford didn't answer and tapped impatiently his food on the ground until Soos managed to climb into the car of Stan. The man swung himself elegantly into the car and drove instantly off. Tho... Not remembering most of the traffic rules, they ended up in front of the Northwest villa with a sheet pale Mabel and Stan, a puking Dipper and a fainted Soos.
"Damnit Ford!! Next time I'll drive!! Why the heck are we here anyway?!"
"Just go inside and tell Fiddleford I'll come back with more guests."

Ford left the family in front of the gigantic entrance of the manor, everyone watching him dissapear with a priceless expression. Dipper still was a little green tho...
Clenching his teeth in frustration, Ford realized he had absolutely no clue where Pacifica moved to. So for now, he decided to pay first Robbie and afterwards Gideon a visit.
Ringing impatiently the door of the Valentinos, he flashed a short glance at his watch every two seconds. Finally, a person who looked like Robbie's mother opened the door and just wanted to open her mouth to say something, not without Ford cutting her off.
"We haven't got time for questions, get Robbie!"
The woman blinked a few times in pure surprise before nodding slightly. She went back into the house and from inside her melodic and cheerful voice was audible.
"Robbie Stacy Valentino~! You have a visitor~"

Unlike the last time, Robbie showed up with a half hearted smile. He really had changed a bit over the years... Ford cleared awkwardly his throat.
"No time for explanations, you'll hear it later. Just get in."
He motioned impatiently onto the car and the male grumbled some not very nice sounding words before getting inside. Looked like at some point, he still was the old Robbie... even when a smile decorated his face. Like this, he got Wendy and Gideon as well.
But Pacifica...
"I know where she lives. Just the road down."
Gideon finally spoke up. Ford exhaled relieved and followed the boy's directions to the arrogant girl's house. He managed to let Pacifica join too, not without some bratty insults as well... She was in middle of painting her nails.
Ford rolled his eyes and concentrated on his way to the villa. Sometimes he really didn't get what should be so important at painting nails...

Ariving a his destination, he rushed to get out of the car. The gate was opened wide so they just walked inside, greeted at the door by no one else than the new owner of the Northwest villa, Fiddleford McGucket. The two men shook shortly their hands and exchanged a smile.
"Glad to see you again, old friend."
"Me too me too... but this is no time for sentimentalities. We have a serious problem... Lets discuss it inside. That's why I gathered everybody..."
Fiddleford nodded slightly and walked forward into the manor, followed by his guests.

A mere minute later all of them sat in a huge round together and everybody's attention was directed to Ford. The man cleared quietly his throat and watched the others for a second before beginning his report.
"Well... You all know since Dipper is Bills boyfriend, he became good. And there is now our problem... Demons are demons. They aren't supposed to be good. And so, demons who became good... will die. Vanish forever."
Dipper took a short gasp and paled, tears filling his eyes. Despite that, he let Ford continue.
"But... there is a way to save Bill. He became terrible sick now and the curse begun to work... He will die in near future if we don't help him. But he kept quiet about it since the way to help him has risks... for us. We are the signs of the prophecy, if we all summon him once again together we will save him like this. But..."
Ford sighed and lowered his head.
"If we summon him, we will loose our energy to him. In other words, there is a possibility at least one of us might die. Now is the question..."

Ford looked closely into the round, an emotionless look on his face.
"Are you willing to risk your lives to save Bill?"