A Play In Public

"Oh?" Hideo said as he stared at Ken. His gaze was piercing as if it could cut through Ken into pieces. "And as the Head of Wei, who gave him the permission to tie our Wei Clan to your mannerless Note Clan?"

"You, old man, is getting too old and holding on to grudges that are as old as you! You should let our younger generation let bygones be bygones." Peter said smugly as if he was enlightened. "Especially when they love each other."

"As if I would ever let your dirty Note blood to mix with my Wei blood!" Hideo said as he sneered at Peter. "I would never accept a Note Granddaughter-in-law."

Peter stared hatefully at the old man. "You dare suggest my daughter's virtue is dirty?"

"Just her blood." Hideo said as he flipped the sleeves of his robe over his arm. "I don't care for her virtue, it has nothing to do with me or my Wei Clan."

"You! You!" Peter said as he pointed at Hideo. "You dare insult me, my daughter and my clan!"

"So what?! This is my home! My Birthday Banquet! I can say and do whatever I want to!" Hideo said.

"Father!" Ken finally said as he saw how the situation was going down. Ken jumps up from his seat and goes in front of Hideo's table and kneels on his knees in penance. "Please grant this marriage! Let us tie our younger generation together and let past hatred and animosity stay in the past!"

Hideo's face was red as if he listens.
"To grow and become better people in our lives, we must forget the past and start living for the future! I believe that as we unite our clans, we will grow stronger in the future." Ken said as he bowed towards his Father. His face was contorted as if he was earnest and humble, but his heart was dark and excited for his plans to dominate his Father and the Wei Elders. "Please grant this only son this wish!"

Hideo's face was stoic as he looked upon his useless son. He could see through Ken's schemes already and know what is inside his heart.

"Oh?" Hideo said as he looked down at Ken. "And which son are you thinking of tying the Wei Clan and the Note Clan together?"

"As his Father, I had intentions to tie Ju Long and Ruby together as Husband and Wife. Seeing how Ju Long made today his wedding day, I think it fitting that he take in a concubine in as well, to double his happiness and blessing."

Peter opened his mouth open to argue, but Ruby pulled his sleeve. Peter wanted to tell them to keep the alliance to themselves, because he couldn't stand the thought of his daughter marrying in as a concubine.
But to Ruby, she knew that in her heart, there was only Ju Long. She would do anything to become his. Whether it be his wife or concubine, she would share his bed and that was what she wanted. With her schemes, she would be able to dominate the woman he just married and take all of Ju Long's attention away from her. And in the end, Ju Long would only see and love her.

What no one noticed was the flash of white anger that lit up then disappeared in Naoko's eyes. When his Father told him of his plans, Naoko thought that Ken was going to marry Lady Ruby to him. With Lady Ruby as his wife, he would have the Note Clan to support him into becoming the Head of Wei. Not only that, but ever since he heard of his father's plans, he had sent his people to find out more about her and had admire her virtue and talents. But when he saw her today, he had fallen completely in love with her.

Her red hair were flames of fire. Her emerald green eyes shinned with mirth and mysteriousness. She was delicate and feminine. And he wanted to possess that beauty. If she stood by him, she would not be outshined by his beauty, no, she would add on to his beauty and they would enchant the whole country.

But upon hearing that his Father intended to marry Lady Ruby to his brother, he wanted to kill Ju Long even more than before. Ju Long had always been the reason and the obstacle that he couldn't succeed. Everything was given to Ju Long because he was Hideo's favorite. His name rang from coast to coast because of Hideo's connections. And he is loved, by everyone because of the power he holds. If Naoko could get the same treatment that Ju Long has, he would have become King to the country and not just a mere Duke like Ju Long.

With the two powerful houses tied together, they would have a leading chance to rule the country and over turn the current monarchy.

Hideo slammed his palm on the table causing it to break in half. He imagined it was his son's back he was breaking and not just a table.

His foolish son wanted to tie Lady Ruby to Ju Long and then have the King target Ju Long and take the Tiger Seal back. Afterwards, the Wei Clan would fall into ruin along with the Note Clan. What foolishness is his son thinking!?!

"You dare disrespect the Lady of Wei who has just married into our Wei Clan, with the suggestion that he take in a concubine on the same day!" Hideo shouted as he pointed at Ken. "Have you no honor or respect for not only our Lady of Wei, your son and our Wei Clan! What a preposterous suggestion!"

"I will not marry that woman." Ju Long said with boredom as he crosses his leg over the other leg. "I already have a wife and will only recognize her as my wife. I have no intentions to marry a concubine. Not now and not ever."

"You will marry her, because I tell you to marry her!" Ken said as quickly stands up and points at Ju Long. "You will take her as your concubine!"

"And if I do not?" Ju Long said as he leans back into his chair. His left arm hangs on the back of Sya's chair as his fingers plays with her dress. Sya's calm nature made him calm as well.

"I am your Father! You will obey me!" Ken shouted louder.

Ruby steps forward and lets Ju Long see her sincerity in her eyes. As long as he sees and hears how she feels about him, he will marry her and love her back!

"Please, Duke Ju Long." Ruby said as tears begins to water her beautiful green eyes as if it was getting ready to fall. "This young one loves you and only wishes to be with you! Even as your concubine, this Ruby has resigned myself to stand by your side. Even if it is your shadow that touches me, this Ruby will be happy."

Before Hideo could shout at Ken of the foolishness of the whole situation and bring the banquet to a close, Sya stands up slowly and waves her right hand. Her cold white qi blade appears and Peter steps back with fear as he recognizes the cold white blade. His whole body starts to shiver and clams up as he chokes on his words.

Because of the red silk rope that is tied around them, Ju Long stands up as well. The image of them standing side by side made others look down to the ground in intimidation. Their aura was too strong. Even with the new Lady of Wei's wedding veil, her aura alone suppressed everyone who looked upon them. Ju Long could only smile brightly towards his Wife and watch as she protects his virtue.

"Prime Minister Note." Sya said as she waved the cold white blade back and forth. "Did you forget what I do to thieves who wants to steal from me?"