Chapter 20 (Insecurity)

Minutes after all the guests were finally seated,the programmes began. Amal felt she couldn't stand the sight of the whole theatre so she went out and found a quiet place for herself and sat there. It was a small storeroom  at the back of the theatre,not too secluded from people but enough to keep her out of sight. She's just being jealous for no reason and she hated that she is. How could she be so insecure by seeing Malik with his wife?...  The million dollar question had been rolling in her head for the past hour. She felt so bad about herself for feeling that way.

Malik scanned the theatre but she was no where to be found, he just hoped that she hasn't gone home because he feels the urge to see her now even without her saying anything. Trying to keep his mind from thinking about her,he held Zain's hand and kissed her knuckles. She smiled at him shyly and adorably meaning she's shy and loves what he did at the same time. Zain isn't much of a PDA person,as such she feels shy when he snuggles, kisses or shows any form of physical affection to her in the public eye. She looked at him getting lost in his dark brown eyes with long beautiful eyelashes.
"What's in that pretty little mind of yours wifey?".

He questioned looking into her brown eyes too.

She bit her lip to supress the smile making it's way to her face.

"Nothing... i just want to be home with you".
She gave him her usual puppy dog eye look.

"We'll be there shortly hayati,but if you feel bored, just let me know so i take you home."  He said to her reassuringly.

She smiled and nodded at him. For real,she's already bored with the whole event, her husband is the only familiar person she is with,and to top it all she was a little sleepy. She leaned towards him and rested her head on his shoulder with her holding his hand.

Minutes after, Zain began to doze off. Malik felt it would be better to take her home. He tapped her cheek gently calling her name. Her eyes fluttered half open looking at him.

"You need sleep,i should take you home hayati ". He chuckled

"But i don't want to be alone at home".
She grumbled.

"I will stay with you,then come back to wrap up the event".

He held her arm to steady her as she stood up.

They got into the car and made their way back home.

*********************
Amal felt her phone vibrate in her hand. It was Faisal calling her,so she answered. She haven't seen him for the whole day and she knew he's calling to hear if she is at the event.

"Hameedah,it's like you've gone MIA for the whole day". He spoke,she could hear the noise at the background signalling that he is in the theatre.

"I'm around Faisal, just wrapped up in some work".
She responded with laughter in her voice.

"I know right,any way if you need anything i am in the theatre. Just a call away".

She instantly felt a little lighter,Faisal had been nothing but kind to her. He's like the older brother she never had.

"Alright then i will definitely call when i need a drink".

"Will be awaiting your call then ma'am ".

He finished as they both hung up and the line went dead.

Suddenly she felt thirsty and in need of some water. She stood up from and headed back to the theatre to get herself something to drink. The sight of Malik with his wife flashed through her mind and she felt nervousness creeping back to her. Ignoring the uneasy feeling, she zeroed her mind to not get affected by whatever she will see. She walked into the theatre and found herself scanning through to see if she could spot him,but he was no where to be found. Neither him nor his beautiful wife. As much as she hated to admit it,Malik's wife is an epitome of beauty,and humble from the way she smiled at her warmly at the entrance earlier. She spotted Faisal and some other members of their office that she wasn't so familiar with,Faisal turned and waved his hand at her showing her a vacant seat  from the table next to their table. She walked to the table and sat in one of the chairs close to some elderly ladies.  She turned to Faisal's direction and spoke.