3. Anniversary

CHAPTER THREE:
ANNIVERSARY

- Jihee -

A warm hand over my left cheek, with the fingers giving light taps, made me slowly open my eyes. The face I had been seeing every morning was right in front of me, with his eyes staring right into mine. The moment our eyes met, his lips turned into a smile.

No warning at all; he almost kissed my lips, but thank God, I stopped him right before his lips touched mine, and slightly pushed him away to have his brows knitted in displeasure and confusion.

"My breath stinks," I said, covering my mouth.

"But-"

Sure enough, I would not let him kiss me when my morning breath stinks like a dead rat, so I immediately hopped off the bed and ran away, from the one who tried to grab my hand, to the bathroom.

But this stubborn ass started to bang on the door after I locked it from inside and began to shout. "JIHEE! THAT'S NOT FAIR!" he kept going on. "What in the world is even fair? You cheating on me?" I asked to myself, something I would never get the courage to ask him.

Soon, I found myself complaining about what he forgot. "You don't even remember our day, " I sighed heavily and did the job I came here to do instead, cleaning myself.

After I was done, I walked out, only to encounter a fuming person who had been waiting for me. I decided to walk past him, but he suddenly grabbed my wrist and pushed me to the wall, pressing me against it.

In no time, his fuming face turned into a cheeky smile. "Your breath doesn't stink now, right?" and he brought his lips closer to mine. I gave a little peck on his lips to fulfill what he wanted. "Happy?" I asked, but he shook his head in dissatisfaction.

"K-I-S-S. Do you know the difference between what you just did and kiss?" he pointed to his lips, with a pout, and demanded. I satisfied his demand but broke thee kiss shortly. "Get ready for work. I'll make breakfast for us, " I patted his cheek as he was all happy now.

I walked to the kitchen and decided to make his favorite food.

A warm hand made a wrap around my waist, followed by another. "What did you make?" he rested his chin on my shoulder and went for my neck. "Food, " but I shooed him away and took our plates to the table.

The breakfast went as usual. I cleaned the dishes and he headed off to work alone after I told him that I will go a little late today. But in fact, I took a leave to celebrate our anniversary like we usually did in the past years.

A bit of expectation I had from him hurt me.

So here I was at home alone.

The day passed with me cleaning the whole house and a short nap that lasted long enough. I woke up with slight neck pain because of my sleeping position and the TV on.

That was how I ended up spending this day all by myself.

"Must be busy with his side chick, " even though it hurt, I always reminded myself about it. I wanted to slap myself with the truth, but nothing seemed to affect me enough to have me think about confrontation and break up.

Stubborn much.

My phone started buzzing under my butt, distracting me from what I was thinking. But the caller id showed his name, so it wasn't really any kind of distraction.

"Jimin," I spoke.

"Wear a nice dress. I'll come to pick you," his words somehow gave rise to the hope which had died a long ago. But I pitied myself after what he said next. "It's Jungkook's birthday," spoke the one from the other line.

"Nice dress?" I walked to the closet to find a nice dress and a red dress caught my eyes which he gifted me on my last birthday.

I wore the dress, did enough makeup and let my hair down. "You look sexy, " not that it would give me any confidence, but I complimented my reflection in the mirror that kept staring at me.

As I was informed, he arrived in around twenty-minutes, looking totally different from the morning when he left the house. A black tuxedo, with his hair on fleek, made him look classy. I even rechecked my dress to see if I would look good with this perfect man.

"Are you done staring?" he pulled off a smirk, scanning me from the head down to heels. "My baby's looking gorgeous, " he touched my cheeks with his plump lips, yes, I'd like to call it a touch.

My arms linked with his, we walked out of the place. But the elevator moment was a bit off; two guys who were already there scanned me from head to toe as soon as we walked in and kept on staring at me, making me uncomfortable.

The dress I wore was a bit short, so I pulled it lower, and that was when the person who was with me noticed how uncomfortable I was but not the reason behind it. "Is the dress bothering you?" he asked in concern.

I wanted to tell him about the dirty stares they were giving me, but I chose to stay silent as I remembered about the similar incident that had happened a few months back and how he got into a fight with some creeps.

The elevator stopped on the second floor, and those two boys walked out of it. I sighed in relief. But one of them turned around and winked at me. "What the f-" Jimin almost ran out, but I held him at the right moment and the door closed.

"Why did you stop me?" he raged on me instead. I tried to calm him, but he didn't listen to me and almost rode back to the second floor after we arrived on the ground floor. "Can you stop making scenes? And why does it even matter to you that much?" I lost my shit until then.

"What do you mean?" it had him surprised. "Let's go, " I changed the topic and walked ahead without waiting for him.

It hurts.

••••••••••

"Expecting too much from someone hurts"

••••••••••