Chapter 16: Reality

Odia's POV:

I shot awake, breathing heavily as I recalled my horrid dream. I calmed down, and rolled my eyes. Kyoya, be generous? And caring? And horomonal? I scoffed. Yeah, right.

The reality of my habitat remained as this bench, not some fancy bed. I shook my head. It's been a month since I've been back, and I've just been acting as if Kyoya and I were simple acquaintances. He didn't seem to mind it, so everything was quite... neutral.

I popped my back as I stretched. This is the first time I dreamt of Kyoya since I came back. I usually dreamt of my brother.

My brother.

I still miss him dearly. He calls me every now and then, I just miss him is all.

But Kyoya...

I've become quite bitter to the thoughts of relationships of any romantic nature recently, and he has been the main cause to such an effect. It was the crack of dawn, and I sighed. Why oh why can't I sleep? Oh right, I sleep on a hard wooden bench.

I've been able to keep it from the host club to avoid the unnecessary worries. I would hate to bring those of imaginitive fortune to my mafia reality. Sometimes my pride can be a bitch.

I sat up, and soon I was joined by the stray black cat I've come to call Noli, "Hey there, my feline twin." I said smiling a bit as the unwanted creature purred, she was just like me. Unwanted.

"Now, now. what is the princess doing here?" I looked up to see the sick son of a low life bastard.

"Minase Tohruko." I hissed as my feline friend went elsewhere, "What kind of curse was put on me to run into you?" I snapped, and the 18 year old gave a small laugh.

"Why are you sleeping on a bench?" he asked, "You're a royal." He said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Unlike you, the only thing I will cash in of my brothers are favors." I sneered as I stood up, "Now, what do you want?" I clenched my teeth.

"To visit my favorite girl." He put his hand on my waist. 

I ripped it off, "I'm not one of your whores." I hissed.

"Don't be mean, or I'll have to be mean." HIs voice got dark as he forcibly pulled me to him.

"Like father, like son, I swear." I sneered, and he laughed as I pushed away from him and turned so I was facing the area to the right of us. 

Kyoya's POV:

I had my limo stop as I saw a girl with black skinny jeans, black combat boots, and a dark blue long sleeve shirt with black hair cascading down her back. She was facing to the side as the guy she kept pushing away sood facing forward. I was caught off guard when she swung her leg around her to make contact with his face, but he caught it, smirking. She growled, and brought her dist down to his crotch as he abrubtly let go of her leg, and she flipped forwars to regain her balance. He was kneeling down as she leaned over, and whispered something to him, and he hastily nodded as her han off. She turned, and I saw her face.

Odia.

She had a dark blue headband in her hair with a small bow on it, and she was soon accompanied by a black cat. She had a smile on her face as she leant over, and lifted it up. She sat on a bench that had a pillow on it. She began singing, and I rolled down my window as I heard her whike she played with the cat, " (Fighting For Nothing by Meg and Dia) These things take time love, these things take back bone, and they'll tell you what you want to hear cause-" she stopped as she looked up, and saw me.

I got out of the limo, and walked over to her. I sat down next to her, and he cat hissed, "Nolo!" she admonished, and refused to look at me, "Sorry, strays are protective of those who show them affection." she murmmered.

"Nolo?" I pondered, "What kind of name is that?" 

She sighed, "It's latin for 'I do not want'" she stroked the cat's arms, "She's just like me. No one really wanted her, but she pays no mind to it all. At least that's what she leads on. She's cruel when you first meet her, but she'll end up trusting you, fearing she'll get hurt in the end of it all. She's all I have nowadays..." She shook her head, still not looking at me, "Why are you here, Kyoya? This isn't conventional interactions among acquantainces." Those words hit me like a ton of bricks covered in acid.

"Why can't we just be friends?" I inquired, and she scoffed.

"Because I can't look at you without feeling like I'm revoltingly inadequate." she sighed, "You make me feel like mafia trash." she shook her head, "Because looking at you, hurts. I feel like rubbish just being in your-"

"Stop that." I snapped, "You aren't trash, rubbish, revolting, and definitley not inadequate." I faced her. but she kept her eyes down, " I..." Oh, damnit. This is going to be hard, "I'm sorry." I said, and she looked up at me, and I hated myself as the next words came out, "I have to go." I said as I stood up, and left her.

The next few days went the same in the host club, she never looked at me or talked to me. 

Until, one day I came across her bench, except she was on her knees in front of a tree, her head down. I went to her as she was dressed in a black dress, black over the knee stockings, and black heels. I went next to her, and she sighed, "She's gone." were her only words as she broke out into heart wretching sobs.

<><><><><><>

ITS 2AM ON A SUNDAY OMFG IM FUCKED BUT I LOVE Y'ALL night