Chapter 13: Meeting the Ex

It had been a harsh few days for Jimin. From the constant worry over where you had ran off to, or the studying of Thing and how it was already on its course to manipulate you, Jimin couldn't figure out his best moves. From weirdly missing you, to thinking about you constantly, the only thing that kept him going was to find a way to bring you back. He had to. He just had to.

Anchor or not, at this point, Jimin only cared to see you alive again. He didn't care for what role he played entirely as you were the important one. You were important to him.

He recites that constantly in his head as he mumbles, murmurs, and curses under his breath. Feet moving quick due to his anxiety, Jimin repeatedly adjusts the mask that is dark and big on his mouth and nose. He makes sure to have glasses on as he moves into the floors of the familiar hospital alone. Lying his way in, he makes his approach fast as he comes to test his theory.

Jimin came to touch your real body.

From what Jungkook joked about, to the constant clues that were thrown Jimin's way when trying to research about this bizarre setting, Jimin's mind and theory only resulted in this one approach and he was going to go ahead and try it. Today was the day he did something on his own and started to act like an anchor at work. Thing was one step ahead and Jimin needed to catch up.

The phone in his jeans started to ring and buzz at his thigh and Jimin was quick to answer it as he travelled up the elevator with others. Moving his glasses off and having his hair hit his lashes as a shield, Jimin's muffled voice from the mask blared into the speaker as he whispered into it and greeted whoever was calling him.

"I'll be over very soon," Jimin said, eyes on the numbers that counted to floors.

"Just remember to get Jungkook and Yoongi hyung's dishes or else they'll be cranky the whole day," the leader chuckled. Namjoon then went to ask about the ride and if everything was okay with Jimin and the driver assigned to go grab pick-up for lunch. Jimin lied through his teeth, nervously smiling under his mask as he assured Namjoon he'd be back soon.

Level 3.

Phone still in hand, Jimin chuckled and tried not to think about the driver that was waiting downstairs with a car full of food. Wanting to hurry what he was doing, Jimin sang out a "Good bye!" into the phone and clicking it off before Namjoon could finish his last sentence.

Strutting towards the room that was familiar to him. He stared at the number long and hard and kept his distance from the outside. He glanced through the window. Staring over at two bodies that were slowly getting up while holding each other, one woman's hands were hard to let your body go as she was hugged by the boy and taken out. Jimin rolled his back to the wall and created distance, not wanting them to see him peeking. Recognizing the woman as your mother, and the boy as your best friend, Jimin didn't say a word. He wanted to go up and apologize, say anything to make them feel better but he couldn't. He simply watched them leave defeated in the opposite direction of the hall.

Taking in a breath, Jimin moved inside. Closing the door lightly behind him so it wouldn't make noise, Jimin stepped backwards slowly slowly slowly before turning around and facing you patched up, pale, and sickly looking on the hospital bed. His heart sank.

It was hard for him to build the courage to walk to the side of your bed. But his lips were parted in awe, his body loosened, and his entire existence seemed to belong to this moment. His body gravitated to yours without even knowing it, a stronger power within him and his cells directing his feet at your side. Standing tall and surprisingly out of breath, Jimin's eyes squinted from the sweat of his hair that hit the whites of his eyes.