2. Cry Baby

I don't own this picture, but still I'd love to know your thoughts about it.

"That's it, I'm leaving." Mehek slammed the note book she was holding, right next to Falak.

"Wait, what wrong!?" She stood from her chair. She was searching for something in her CD drawer which was below her book shelf.

Falak's bedroom was nothing but cozy. The interiors were not typical pink or lavender. It was a combination of cream and taupe color. She lived in a big mansion and truth be told she was the lone princess of her parents and her loving and caring elder brother but her room showed how humble and soft she was deep down.

The furniture was off white in colour. Sheer white soft curtains behind the classic taupe plush curtains from floor to ceiling. There was a book shelf which had her favourites, a small cupboard below consisting of CD and hard disks of her favourites movies and cartoon. To be honest 75% of it was cartoon. A fluffy white couch beside the shelf. A furry soft taupe coloured rug beneath the couch. A small white writing table with a cute reading lamp and three drawers with a chair in front of it. A balcony door was Right beside the table. Right in front of her writing table was her large three door wardrobe. A fluffy white bed with dressing table on its right side which faced the shelf. A small cute chandelier right above the bed and a big led tv in front of her bed . A washroom situated opposite to the book shelf.

"A cute bedroom for my little princess." Were her brothers words when her room was renovated 5 years ago. She was 17 back then. She was in the same room since she was 5 years old. It was right beside Her brother's room. Her parents wanted to decorate her the right side of her brother's room which was a bit spacious than this one. But she was too attached to this room so she requested them to renovate it for her.

"What's wrong!?" She was caught off guard with her screaming and stumbled from the chair.

"From the past 15 mins I'm trying to gain your attention, but no, little Miss Falak Murtaza is way too preoccupied on her project of searching her dumb cartoon."

"Hey don't call it dumb" she pouted.

"Of all my blabbering, is that the only word you heard?" Mehek was looking at her with an unbelievable expression.

"You said it yourself the rest was just blabbering" she giggled at her. Mehek opened her mouth to say something but stopped before saying anything. She huffed towards the door. Mehek was Falak's bestie since they were 6 years old.

Falak caught her hand before she could go.

"Hey! What's wrong!?" She made her sit on the couch. And sat right beside her. Mehek rested her head on the couch' s back and closed her eyes.

"Mehek?" Falak gently placed a hand on her shoulder. Mehek opened her eyes which was now teary. The next moment she hugged Falak and wept.

"Mehek, how can I possibly figure out What's wrong if You behave like a cry baby." She said to lighten up her mood. But the word 'CRY BABY' did not seem to have its usual effect on her. Falak hugged her and gently stroked her back.

After a few minutes when her crying subsidised she pulled back and rested her head back at the couch and this time she stared at the chandelier in front of her.

"Now, tell me What's wrong."

"My parents want me to get married." She stated, more like sighed.

"So!? That's what all our parents wish for. For us to get married.!" She winked at her. Mehek smacked her arm.

"Ouch! Why are you getting violent!?" She pouted holding her hand.

"Because you're not getting the point. They want me to get married NOW... all of a sudden I don't know from where these people came, I've nev..." she was cut of by Falak's shocked question.

"What do mean by from where these people came from... they're your parents."

"Argh.. please shut up or I'll kill you." Mehek glared at her.

"By them, I mean Mr.Yawar Aslam. He is dad's so called good friend from his childhood days... I never heard about him be..."

"Uncle wants you to marry his friend." Falak yelled.

"That's it! I'm going to kill you..." she took the crystal rose showpiece from Falak's writing table.

Falak ran out of the room with Mehek hot on her heels. She ran towards the glass room. The glass room was situated at the left corner of the hall. It was right beside the staircase which led down. The room was huge with two plush sofa set with a crystal table in front of each and fluffy carpets beneath. The interior was a combination of beige and navy blue. It was spacious enough to hold 15 people there all at once. The room had wall on one side and a round glass enclosure of beautifully patterned frosted design, one side led to the balcony. It was filled with beautiful colorful flowers.

"Mehek, it's not polite to hit someone with a crystal showpiece." Falak told,
Standing behind the beige couch.

"Forget being polite, here I'm worried to my soul and you think it's funny." Both were now running around the couch.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Falak held out her hand in peace. Mehek glared at her and sat on the couch more like, she fell on the couch. Falak sat right beside her. Both of them out of their breath.

They looked at each other and started laughing. After few moments of giggling. Falak turned towards her and folded her legs beneath her.

"Now that you are out of the 'CRY BABY' zone... What's bothering you."

"It was last week, I guess, when I came back from Safura aunty's home... I bumped into someone who was talking on his phone, it was Yawar uncle. He was waiting for his wife, tabassum aunty. I apologised, they asked if my name is Mehek, i was puzzled at how come they know my name, when I nodded my head in agreement they asked me to guide them inside I don't know whether to say it fortunately or unfortunately, dad was coming out. They hugged each other and that's when I found out he was dad's long lost friend from his childhood. They were good and friendly and me being the talkative fool, chatted with them. At the end of the day they liked me so much that they asked my hand in marriage..."

"Wow! What's wrong with them liking you.... you said they were good so What exactly is the problem.!?"

Falak gazed to which she closed her eyes.

"Okay, what's his name?" Falak asked her.

"Whose name?" She looked at her with a confused expression.

"The one who is going to be your poor husband?"

"Falak it's not funny... mom and dad are already so happy with this proposal they've asked for my consent but I know it is just a formality... they want me to give them a positive answer I'm so worried."

"What's there to be worried Mehek? I don't get your point, you say they're good people, you say uncle and aunty both are happy with this proposal. Wait! Have you seen him...what's his name!?"

"Zaryab Aslam."

"You've seen him?" Mehek went to her room and brought her handbag. She sat beside her again and started to search for something.

"What are you doing?"

Instead of answering her she took out her mobile and handed it to Falak.

"Help yourself." She told her. It looked more like she gritted the words out.

Falak made a grumpy face and opened her gallery. She didn't have to work hard finding it. His picture was the latest one there.

"He looks so handsome and.." she was cut of mid sentence.

"Who looks handsome!?" Falak turned towards the source of the voice.

Hi, sweeties!!

As always waiting for your reviews

Comment as much as you like

Please, do click on the cute star if you've liked it so far.

With love
Kiara💞