Code II: Our Mission

As Agent XX approached the jet, the entrance hissed open and out jumped a figure. They raced up to her, prepared for an embraced, but the agent side-stepped them, allowing them to crash into the cement.

"Oof!" the figure cried. The woman stared down warily at the figure until they stood and patted themselves off, turning to her. She recognized the figure as HangeZoe, one of the captains who worked alongside Commander Erwin. In person, she was much taller than the agent expected.

Behind her, another person came bounding out of the jet. The woman recognized him as Eren Jaeger, the one Armin had said was a good friend of his. The manner in which he carried himself was strong, though humble.

"Sorry!" Eren apologized, bowing his head lowly. "Hange was really excited to meet you. Please excuse her poor manners."

"Manners?" Hange repeated, glancing at him. She looked exactly as she had in the picture Armin had showed her; the same glasses, the same brown hair in the same ponytail, and the same glittering eyes.

"My name is Hange," she greeted, holding her hand out to the agent. Agent XX took it and shook it firmly before quickly releasing her hand and clasping hers together behind her back.

"Codename XX," the agent introduced in return. Eren let out a loud gasp as his eyes lit up, wide in awe.

"You're XX?" he repeated. "As in, the Codename XX?"

The agent furrowed her brows. "Please... I am nothing more than an agent of the Iridescent Empire."

"No, no," Eren clarified, shaking his head. "I mean, you're Codename XX, also known as the Sanctioned Archangel!"

The agent's brows twitched. She'd been called that name and many others during her years at the Iridescent Empire. Because no one knew her actual name, one she kept confidential from even Commander Erwin, they called her by her codename or many of the other wild nicknames they had come up with.

"Please... just Codename XX is fine," she insisted with a sigh.

"Wow," Hange gasped, straightening and adjusting her glasses. "You're just as cool in person as all of the rumors say. Cool as a cucumber, am I right?" The agent sighed and shook her head, walking towards the jet's entrance without so much as a backwards glance. Eren and Hange followed closely behind, chattering softly to themselves.

The two were certainly a couple of the IE's most experienced agents, especially since they worked with the IE's rumored best agent—who was said to be worth that of an entire army of agents.

Captain Levi.

In the Iridescent Empire, the ranking system went by five different classes by which one could work their way up through intense training, completion of ranked missions, and exams. The Epsilons, called "fresh meat" by the others, were the starter agents, categorizing those who who had just begun their journey in the complex organization. Though they were starters in the Iridescent Empire, they were still of high intelligence and physical ability when compared to the average person.

Then, next came the Deltas, who were a small step above the Epsilons, though socially, they were not considered much higher than the Espilons. The only real differences laid in the fact that the Deltas were able to move around more freely and independently within the organization's opportunities..

Afterward came the Gammas. That was the position in which the average agent stood; at that stage, the training became much, much more vigorous and straining on the human body. This was the largest of the five classes. Not many were able to sustain the rigorous effects once in training for the next stage: the Betas.