Chapter 10: Dai Capital

The sun had already set and the cover of the night was almost complete in the sky when Huang and Seyran appeared from thin air, some meters away from the immense gates of the capital. Dispersed and not far by much from the building, were many tents where gleam of fire could be seen; some people were besides it, taking their supper. Their belongings were still in their carriages and apart from those people's soft chatter, the sometimes neighing of their horses were also their companions.

The time to enter the capital had long passed it seemed and those people were patiently waiting for the morning. From where she stood, Seyran couldn't really see the peak of the building clearly but she supposed that some guards must be there for the travelers to be so conscious of their ways of acting. Huang, perched on Seyran's shoulder, was quite satisfied with the result of its efforts. After trying so much, -and after some poor attempts were they ended in strange places- it could finally measure by how much qi one should infuse inside that white stone to get the correct distance. Well, approximately anyway, for it was aiming for the inside of the capital and not the gates.

The detour they had taken in the steppe had been quite useless. Although there had been many lions of all dimensions, from big to small and some contracted beasts in there, there weren't a giant golden one or a fox for that matter. Those lions that they encountered hadn't been contracted beasts but simple ones which left Seyran at her first point, not knowing anything about her enemy's strength. With no golden beast in sight, nor a fox she could only ask herself 'how was she going to proceed?'. And thinking about said opponents, at this very moment she really wished it was just that royal family. Hoping that it was their spies in the forest that alerted them of sensing her qi, she clung to the possibility of finding the young man in one of those people's hands. But still wary and doubtful when thinking back about that deep murderous intent she felt, she hoped she didn't have too many enemies for then, she would have no idea where to search.

A mantis, one of the witnesses of Yenaigai's kidnapping had also been dragged in their quest to find the servant and was actually annoying Huang with its constant complaints. A pity it wasn't heard by Seyran thought the bird for certainly with all the noise it was making she would have chase the damn thing away! But no, the poor bird was bound to be the only one to hear it and it couldn't voice its own complaints for Seyran wanted silence since the forest. Huang clutched the animal harder in its claws not forgetting to threaten its life once again. But like the previous times, it shut up for just a little time before blabbering again.

However, Huang was too satisfied to argue with it. 'Hadn't it done fine now? Look, look, stupid mantis, your teacher is here! Teleportation? Nothing difficult, this mighty one mastered it in few hours!' Well, that's what it thought without chirping it though, lest should that woman find fault with it. Huang was fast to say.

"Next time, we should be inside" but before it infused the qi, the bird was stopped.

"No, here is perfect."

She really wasn't all too eager to arrive in the imperial palace. By that time she would let Huang fly to search for Yenaigai but what after that? What if a fight broke? In Unzu it had been easy to attack and defend at the same time, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say she was an army all by herself. But here she needed a plan and a back-up plan if that one failed. She should first try to sneak the servant out but didn't really know how. That would have to wait for Huang to inspect the place first.

However, that wasn't really the reason why she stopped the bird now. She just didn't want it to teleport them in the middle of people. That would be too troublesome if the words of that grandma she met previously could be trust.

She slowly walked to the carriage and sat in the shadow of one of them, where light didn't came, avoiding to be seen. There she could softly hear those people talking about the fourth princess who was coming soon and who won a sacred beast. She listened for some minutes then closed her eyes to cultivate.