13

In a span of six hours, our group arrives safely in Felicia's building back in Chicago. Mandy and my brothers are also waiting in the lobby.

"Belle!" Mandy exclaims when she sees me.

I smile and rush to hug her. Once she releases me, Mark and Axle tackle me with bear hugs and I feel a whole lot safer.

I introduce my little family to the people with me.

"Well, those are a lot of big names in one place." Mandy says, shaking her head in disbelief. "But I know where the rest of you can stay."

Mandy arranges for Brittany to stay with me in my apartment while the two boys and Mallorie stay at Mandy's. She claims she has plenty of room and her children would be welcoming.

After everything is arranged, Felicia walks in and smiles at us.

"Well, this is a sight." She says, scanning our faces. Once her eyes rest on Mallorie, her smile fades.

"Honey, what happened to you exactly?

We all turn to look at Mallorie.

"Well, you see ma, I was-"

"Ma?" I ask.

Mallorie shrugs. "Felicia is my mom. She and dad live apart from each other due to business and all but yes, we're family."

My jaw drops. But so does Kane's, Chad's, and Brittany's.

Felicia smiles sadly. "My husband and I also didn't want everyone to know about us. And Mallorie. Being well known has its downsides too."

We all nod and agree.

"So, continue, honey."

Mallorie recounts what happened the day she got kidnapped. She had no idea why and we can't seem to think of why she was kidnapped either.

But Felicia seems to have a idea. She keeps looking around as if invisible hands might grab her daughter or us again, and she taps her foot while her eyes seem thoughtful.

She stays silent though.

"Well, now that you're back, I'll be extra careful to keep my eyes on you. All of you." Felicia declares. "Tonight, we will all go to our sleeping quarters and act as if nothing changed. You all are still to work to make your name famous under your disguises. Although it might be a bit more obvious now... Anyhow, we must get going while my staff are all on break. Most of them anyway."

We follow Felicia out through quiet hallways and into the basement where Mandy's car and Felicia's wait.

"I'll drop off those staying at Mandy's while Khira, Belle, and her bunch can take Mandy's car to your place. From now on, your aliases are back."

We all listen to Felicia and get in the cars.

Mark gets behind the wheel in Felicia's car, and Axle, Brittany, and I get in.

The ride back to our little home is full of stories of what happened in the past few days.

Once in my apartment, I show Brittany where she can stay then I jump onto my bed and relax.

"You've got a nice place. Simple." Brittany says, leaning on the doorframe. I sit up and look at her. She sits beside me and scans my room.

"What's in that box?" She asks, pointing to the box on my shelf.

I get up and take the box in my hands. I open the lid and see the letters, a locket, and a bracelet. I had taken off the locket and bracelet a while back.

I show the contents to Brittany but I don't let her read the letters.

She nods her head in understanding. "I have the same thing. But letters in an envelope."

She sits up straighter and her eyes are more alert. "How can I get my stuff? I'm a long way from my apartment."

I suddenly realize that among those who were kidnapped, I'm the only one back at home. Oh, wait. There's Chad. But that means Kane and Brittany don't any of their stuff...

"I'll call Felicia. Let's ask her what to do." I say, getting up with Brittany following.

"Hello?" Felicia's tired voice reaches my ears.

I explain Brittany's concerns and ask her for a solution.

"Hmm. Well, I guess I could ask some people to retrieve their things. I'll get back to you."

I thank her, end the call, and tell Brittany. She relaxes a bit.

"So, what should we do now?" I ask her.

She thinks. "Why don't you take me to the places you like here?" She pauses and smiles teasingly. "Including the places Chad took you to."

I sigh but smile at her. "Let's go."