Chapter 20 - Edited Once

Stella

(Edited Once)

I could not believe my own eyes. Julian just turned into a wolf. A freaking wolf and I asked if he was a vampire. I was so stupid. That was why he looked offended. I would be too if I were one. Focus, Stella.

Supernatural does exist.

I studied the animal very carefully. He was large, huge even, and absolutely beautiful. The gray fur reflected glamorously under the moonlight. It was a breathtaking and alluring view. I pinched my arm just to make sure I was not imagining things. I tend to do that.

Julian turned and looked at me with his entrancing honey eyes. He was worried. I was scared, yes. Maybe it was showing on my face, but I was not scared to the point of hating him like he said before. I was intrigued and confused. I had tears all over my face because I was overwhelmed by the events and the chaos. 

You may call me crazy, insane, or even demented but that is what I felt the most at that moment... Adoration.

As I was absorbing the fact that he was a real werewolf, I saw three others trying to bounce on Julian's back. My hands were moving on their own. My mind was not functioning properly, I opened the door and shouted for Julian to watch out. When he turned around, the three jumped on him and limited his movements, but not for long. He was too strong for them. He was invincible but with a warm heart, if I must say.

He did not kill anyone even though he could have easily done that. Julian was a kind-hearted werewolf. At least, that was what I saw. He was fighting them to protect me, he sacrificed his secret for me. I could not possibly hate him even if I wanted to.

As time passed, he was the only one standing. I saw him change back to his human form, being naked for seconds, then he wore some clothes. I was not in the right state of mind to comment on his glorious body. When he entered the Jeep, I looked at him and waited for him to speak until I felt darkness taking over my field of vision.

I was out.

~~~

I was being carried and it was a foreign feeling, so I opened my eyes only to be greeted by a soft smile. "Hey," Julian said softly, and I melted. Then everything came back to me. He was a wolf.

"Hey, is it finally time to talk to me about you now?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yes, it is. I'll tell you everything as soon as we enter my house." he cleared, and I looked around to see a very large and new house. The garden was so wide that I could not see the main entrance until he got closer. 

"This is your house?" I asked, bewildered by the scene. 

He rich rich.

"Yes, and I live alone. We will stay here for a while because it's dangerous for you to be in an obvious place, like the pack house," he answered.

Packhouse?

I'll just wait for him to talk.

He opened the door but not with a key. He opened it with his fingerprint. The house was well protected and secured, the glass looked so sturdy, and the door was reinforced with was I assumed to be steel. As he stepped foot into the house, I tried to stand on my feet, but he refused to let me go. He tightened his grip on my body. "Julian, I can walk," I stated, and he rolled his eyes.

"I know, but I want you in my arms," he stated back, and I had no reply to him.

I just blushed.

He walked to a big living room that was beautifully decorated, but the books on the long shelves were what grabbed my attention the most. Julian placed me on the couch, and he sat next to me. He was too close, our knees were touching. This small touch can send sparks like fireworks through my whole body.

"Okay, so I'll start by stating the now obvious. I'm a werewolf." He began, and I had so many questions. "I have a pack, and it's called The Graymod pack. "

"Like a flock?"

He chuckled. "It's like a big family that has a lot of werewolf members. My pack has about 700 members. They are all family." He glanced at the wall with pictures for a second, then back at me and continued. "We have titles, like in companies. My title is the Alpha, well, soon-to-be Alpha. My dad is currently the Alpha, and my mom is the Luna. Alpha blood is inherited. My parents are the leaders of the whole pack, like presidents or CEOs. They symbolize the mother and father to all members, and their word is respected and cherished by all."

"Then there is the Beta who is second in command, like a vice president, and the Alpha's right hand-" As Julian wanted to continue, I cut him off.

"What's a Luna?" I asked. He said she was like a mother figure, but I needed more information.

He smiled for some reason. "As I said, the Luna is the female leader of the pack. She's hand in hand with the Alpha, who is her mate. Before you ask about mates, I'll tell you."

Am I that predictable?

"Stella, mates are like soulmates to humans but in the literal sense for us. We are bound by faith to be together. Mates have a more powerful bond than husband and wife. They can't be separated from each other even if they want to. Mates can't survive without each other's company for so long. They literally could die because it is physically painful to be apart," he explained with a big smile.

His eyes were dancing with happiness, and it stung. "So, do you have a mate?" I asked, a little disappointed and hoping for a no. It hurt to think that he had one, which was odd on my part because we just met.

"Yes, and she is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She is perfection in the shape of an angel," he described her with a bigger smile, and I sighed.

She's a lucky girl to have such a great man.

"Do I know her?" I found myself asking. My stomach hurts.

"Yes, and better than you know. She was abused but is now protected by all and will be forever loved by me. If you haven't connected the dots yet, it's you, Stella. You are my mate. I've been searching for you for years, and I finally found you," he confessed, and I was shocked. Was I happy? Scared? Confused? What was I feeling?

My eyes widened at his statement. I thought that he was bluffing, but then again, he looked genuine. I felt my heart melt, and the smiles crept their way to my face. I was smiling from ear to ear.

"My one and only love," he breathed near my ear, and I sighed with delight.

I can't believe it.

I'm his mate.

Is this a dream?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello guys:)

I hope you liked this chapter ♛