65. Explosion

65. Explosion

Russo

It seemed taking down the commander wasn't much of an effect to their teamwork. Their main commander was Irie on the other side, so they composed themselves quickly and proceeded to attack.

One man holding a sword swiped across his left-- but quite easily, Russo swerved aside to dodge. He ducked down to dodge another sword, then tilted his head to the left sharply to dodge a bullet. 

With one graceful turn, he brought himself back up to a standing position-- dodging a few more bullets in the process-- then made a cheerful skip to avoid an arrow aimed at his foot.

As he landed, he spun and striked a pose. "Yay!"

"Fuck, he's looking down on us."

Russo laughed, "Well, I actually had a little sister that loved to dance, so I thought I'd take the chance to imitate her- Woop!" and he crouched down to avoid a sword aimed for his neck.

Running a ways away, Russo pouted, "Couldn't you wait for me to finish?" he whined.

"Stay still!"

"Let us kill you!"

"What on earth is your personality supposed to be?"

"I'm buying time, so I don't really wanna fight!"Russo whined tearily, "Dodging isn't my specialty, so can we stop?" Russo whined again, "Ow!"

"You're the one that attacked first!"

Russo let out a hiss as a bullet grazed his left arm. He flinched, clutching his wound-- and the soldiers wasted no time to attack.

A fury of arrows embedded into his back, and a sword swung down at his right shoulder-- severing the limb from his body.

-

(TYL) Rei

"Are you not going to join the battle, Xanxus-sama?" Rei asked the master on the throne. 

Xanxus gave no answer. His eyes closed-- Rei guessed that Xanxus was getting some sleep-- or simply pretending he was... Rei sighs. 

"Mimi, could you stay in my sleeve?" he asked the mouse that was now left with one. The mouse, hearing that, crawled up his leg and disappeared into the long Varia Coat.

Rei turned toward the window of the room. It was dark out and distant sounds of battle could be heard-- but Rei decided against braving some enemies. 

He eyed a ring on the middle finger of his left hand. It wasn't a battle ring, but a decorative one. A simple silver band-- with three gems lined up atop it, in the order of red, blue, then green. 

Looking at it always made a smile crack onto his face.

Stretching, Rei let out a yawn, rubbing a tired tear out of his eye. "Then, since Xan-sama is so entirely asleep, I'll take full advantage and--"

Sitting down at the right of Xanxus' chair, he leaned back against the side of it. Pulling his knees to his chest, he formed a pillow with his arms, planting his head to his knees-- Ninomiya Rei promptly went to sleep.

In the middle of a raid, if I could mention?

-

Russo

"You've got to be kidding me..."

There was no blood. The limb had simply fallen to the ground like a broken doll's arm-- and Russo eyed it with a look of irritation. Bending down to pick up the loose limb, Russo wondered if it would stick back with glue. 

"Wha-" the Millefiore soldiers panicked now, "What the fuck are you??"

The ring on Russo's finger lit itself, a dark blue flame flickering brightly like a will-o-wisp. The arm in is hand changed form-- now it was a baseball bat-- one with nails stuck all around it, a classic cliche delinquent weapon.

His expression had dulled down, a neutral poker face that held no hint of his feigned cheerfulness-- instead, it held the murderous glance of the hitman he was supposed to be.

The enemies simultaneously felt a chill run down their spine.

However, in the next instant--

"Hey there, Kyouya-san!" Perking up as bright as the sun, Russo grinned.

At the call, the soldiers turned around-- and there stood the fearsome Cloud Guardian of the Vongola, rings lit and his Box Animal out in all its glory-- like a massive globe of purple fire, Hibari Kyouya watches, unamused.

"Only the weak crowd in packs," he muttered, baring his tonfas in battle position. "That includes you, herbivorous Zombie."

Russo chuckled. "So mean."

"All of you," Hibari growled, "Will be bitten to death!"

"Wait, me included?"

-

(TYL) Rei

"Three large airborne weapons, and they're headed for the castle!" 

Now Rei was sound asleep. The communications device at his side on the ground, he briefly leaned against Xanxus' chair-- a light snore in the air. 

It was a nice, calming silence-- both of them asleep, silently, calmly-- if a grunt passed by, they'd stand there conflicted for minutes before saying 'oh fuck this, a thousand lives aren't enough' and run off back to their business.

Then the Varia mansion blows up.

-

An orb of Wrath flames in his hand-- Xanxus turned to what looked like a fake Belphegor thing sitting on a throne up in the air. On a stupid freaking throne in the air.

First of all, how dare he look down on me.

Second of all-- he turned to Rei, how is this fucker still sleeping?

Rei had always been a heavy sleeper. And after years of knowing the idiot, Xanxus had learned that no alarm clock in the world could wake the boy.

But did the fucker have to be asleep even after the mansion fucking blows up?

Seriously, if the idiot wasn't right the hell beside him, Xanxus would've probably let him incinerate like the building. Probably.

Or maybe he could incinerate him right now-- Wait, the fake thing is saying something.

"No wonder you're the boss of monkey kingdom." he mocked, "Oh, but you're not really strong, are you? Didn't you lose to some kid before? Frozen to an icicle by a fourteen-year-old Sawada Tsunayoshi! HAHaHAHAhaa!""

Ah, Xanxus closes his eyes.

The scum kept saying something, chattering as if he were the stronger party here-- Xanxus didn't listen at all, he didn't really care so-

He let out a yawn.

Some huge elephant box weapon came charging at him next. It wasn't what blew the mansion up, Xanxus guessed, but what on earth was that box weapon supposed to be? Some huge thing and all it does is squash people?

"I was gonna take my time," the orb of Wrath Flames shone bright and orange, "But you had to mention Sawada Tsunayoshi..."

At the side, Bester let out a low growl.

"You two scumbags," Xanxus glowered, "Fucking die."