Chapter One.

I was waiting in the living room for Davon. We were on the way to work to launch our new product , which I was so excited for.

Yes , I am proud to say that I am Mrs.Welkins. I was very , very proud.

Davon and I went through hell and back to be together , but here we are now. Ten years later , thirty-six years old with a child. We have a son name Davis , he's almost ten year old. I found out I was pregnant when Davon proposed to me. I was pregnant all along , I kept thinking to myself what if we didn't work out? I would've still kept my child.
My mom takes Davis to school , so it was only Davon and I in the house.

We lived in a mini mansion in a gated community. I sold my old house once we got married and Davon have his home to his grandmother.

A few minutes later , Davon came walking down the stairs tying his tie. He was still handsome.

"GoodMorning baby." I spoke , staring and smiling at him.

He smiled back , "GoodMorning beautiful. Are you ready for the big day?"

"You know it baby."

We were on our way. Sheila was still my assistant , but she would be going on maternity leave , so I had to hire someone to take her spot for a minute. 

"Good morning Welkins." Mr.Frecklemam said to the both of us.

Davon nodded and I waved.

"Please have a seat in the conference while we get everything started."

Before I could walk off, Sheila stopped me.

"Yes?" I spoke.

"Umm. Don't forget you have interviews for the cover up assistant at noon."

I nodded and continued to walk.

"Everybody listen up. I am happy to announce the new Welkins magazine line and new home decor line. It was always a dream of mine to be a designer , now I am giving people who are inspired by designing a chance to create their own fabrics." I spoke , talking to the audience in the conference room.

After the meeting and launch , which was a big relief , I had interviews to assist to.

"I'll be in my office if you need me babe." Davon said to me.

I walked to my office and the first candidate was there already.

"Well hello aren't you early?" I giggled.

The person turned around and it was a pretty young lady. She was dressed to perfection and make up and on point.

"So shall we get started? I see you graduated from Howard University. Tell me more about yourself Ms.Jasmine."

She began to speak , "Well I'm Jasmine Toliver , and I majored in Business and minored in design. I think this job would be a great opportunity for me to grab some ideas because I wanted to start my own clothing line for animals."

"For animals?"

"Yes" she smiled. "I am a big animal lover , and I feel like all animals should have clothing just as us people."

"So you must be vegetarian. "

She nodded. "Yes. And here are some of my designs I've been working on before I had this interview."

She pulled off a folder and opened it , handing me the designs.

"Wow you made all of these by yourself?" I asked , amazed. For someone her age , she should be at the top where Alexander McQueen and Dolce & Gabbana designers are.