Chapter 10

Carrie took Jeremy under the staircase. "Promise to keep this a secret?" She asked him. 

"Um, sure. Promise." He said with a fake smile. 

The smile fooled Carrie. She just wanted to believe that someone loved her. She grinned. "Alright. Take your backpack off." 

Jeremy, half confused, and half terrified, did as she asked and set the backpack in front of him. "Alright. Watch." She said. 

She stared intently at the bag, focusing on it. She raised her arm, and as she did, the bag lifted off the ground. Jeremy screamed and fell back. 

"What the hell?!" He screamed. 

Carrie giggled. "What do you think? I've been practicing." 

"You-you-" Carrie's smile started to fade. This was Jeremy's ultimate test. Who was he really? Tommy? Mama? If he called her a witch, like Mama, she would kill him on the spot. If he called her a freak, like Chris and Sue, she would kill him even faster. But...

"You-you're telekenetic?!" He shouted. 

Carrie sighed in relief. "Good. That's good." She slowly lowered Jeremy's bag into his arms. "Not Mama, not Chris, not Sue. Tommy. You're Tommy." She rambled under her breath. "You're nice." 

"I'm nice? What are you-" Carrie kissed him again, cutting him off.

She pulled back, smiling. "They pushed me, threw things, pulled pranks, laughed- they always laughed. Laugh, laugh, laugh, laugh... ol' prayin' Carrie, Scary White, laugh, laugh, laugh." As her rambling became more extreme, more angry, the gas pipes behind them started to vibrate. Carrie didn't notice. Jeremy did. "Laugh, laugh, laugh, laugh, LAUGH, LAUGH-

Jeremy didn't have a choice. If he let Carrie keep ranting like this, then she might bring the school down. He leaned in quickly and kissed her, cutting her off. Carried smiled under the kiss, leaning back into it. They both pulled apart, Carrie smiling with tears in her eyes. "I knew it. You're nice. You're not like them. There aren't enough nice people anymore. So... I'll protect you! We'll protect the nice people; like you, like me, like Tommy- and we'll get rid of all of them. All the Chris's, the Heather's- they're all going to die." 

She stood back up, helping him to his feet. "Mama always said there would be a day of judgement. That god would come down and kill the evildoers. I was so angry back then- I wanted to be god's sword, and kill them myself." She said. "When I got this power, I thought that god was punishing me. So did Mama. But... thanks to you, I get it now!" She giggled. "This power was given to me by god. I am his sword. It's up to me to kill them all- so that all the nice people like you can live in peace."

Jeremy stepped back. "You're going to kill them?" 

"Uh-huh. And I'm going to start tonight. Meet me at Heather Chandler's house tonight. And can you bring some rope?" She asked, smiling. She looked like an innocent child. "Oh, and Jeremy? You can't tell anyone, okay? If you tell anyone, I'll have to kill you. And them. You promised not to tell, and a nice person wouldn't break a promise, right?" 

Jeremy nodded. "Y-yeah." He stuttered. 

Carrie smiled and kissed him one more time before leaving. "See you tonight." Then she left. 

Jeremy picked up his bag. She was right. He couldn't tell anyone. He wasn't going to mess with the phyco girl that could kill him with a flick of her wrist. But how was he possibly going to survive this? What if he became an accompolice? And if the police did manage to stop her, how would he get out of trouble? He needed help, but couldn't reach out. The only person who knew what was going on, was the problem.

That's when it hit him. Someone could help him. Someone who technically had helped him in the past. Mountain Dew Red deactivated it, but no one ever said that it had been turned off permanently.  If he drank a mountain dew, then.... he had no choice. He had to reactivate his SQUIP.

Later...

Jeremy stood back up, still woozy from the splitting pain. "Jeremy. I see you've finally come to your senses?" The SQUIP said. 

"Same as ever, I see." He rolled his eyes. "And far from it. If anything, I've gotten crazier." He looked at it, just as smug as before. "You know how I used to say that I wanted to do more than survive? Well, now I need to survive. Literally." 

"Let me review the data that I've missed out on. Let's see-" It froze, like a broken computer screen. 

"Uh, what the-" 

It abruptly broke out of its state, and looked at him with baffled eyes. "What the...." 

"I know!" Jeremy slammed his head on the desk. 

"How does she do that?!" 

"I don't know!" 

"You should have kept me on. I would have been able to tell you that she was crazy." 

"Would you have been able to tell me that she can move things with her mind?" 

"I don't think ANYONE could tell you that." 

"Point is, if I can't navigate this correctly, I'm going to die." Jeremy looked back up. "Keep in mind, I know how to shut you off now. So, you help me to literally survive, and I don't shut you off." 

"Jeremy, my only goal is to improve your life-" 

"Would you shut up with that already? If Carrie kills me, then I won't have a life to improve." 

"Staying alive would fall under the improving your life category in this case."