10. Memories, Bondings

Hello lovely people.

Surprise on your way. It will be revealed by tomorrow. Keep guessing. For now,

Happy reading.

After seeing the place, Nandu gets shocked. She was standing where everything began. The place where she first met Manik. The place where she first experienced what giving importance to a person means. Her school. Their school. She was trembling, sweating with fear. Fear when your little secret gets exposed.

Manik noticed her uneasiness and tightened his hold on her hand which further scared Nandini. Manik assured her with a smile and started walking. Nandini just dragged herself along with Manik noticing every single detail of her school, reminiscing all those memories associated with every single corner of it. From the day when her father dropped her at school for the first time to the day when she got to know about their accident. From the first time when she noticed Manik till their farewell party. Her classrooms, her library. Everything was fresh as if it happened just yesterday.
Manik too had some memories over here. His friends, their fun. How could he forget his important thing. The thing that is close to his heart. His…Before he could recollect any further, he saw slight tears in Nandini's eyes which worried him.

Manik : Nandini, why are you crying?

Nandini : (wiping her tears) even you are crying, sir.

Manik : What? Are you mad? Manik Malhotra never cries.

Nandini : Sure. Those are just saline water in your eyes. Right?

Both smiled in between their tears, wiped their tears and burst out laughing at each other.

Nandini looked around and found herself in the garden at the backyard of their school. She gave a questioning look to Manik to which he replied.

Manik : I know you were the most studious girl in our class ever. I couldn't muster up the courage to ask this at that time. You might not have noticed me during school-days Nandini or you might have forgotten me but yes, this is my school too and you were my classmate. I used to admire the way you were always into your books, calm and quiet. Nandini, would you like to give me an opportunity to be your friend? A friend who will be there with you in all your ups and downs. I will fight with you but at the same time I will fight for you. I might not be as smart as your books but ya, I will stand by you even if the whole world is against you. I know you don't have many friends and this friendship thing is new to you but will you bless me with the luck of being your friend?

Tears started falling from Nandini's eyes. No one has ever made her feel this special in her entire existence. A lump formed in her throat and words failed to come out. All she could do is nod. Manik hugged her out of excitement and whispered a countless thank you's to her, for only he knows how much he needs to make her trust him.

After their little happiness, they decided to leave following the same path and the same way they came. Manik holding Nandini's hand and Nandini following him. The only difference was the big smile that's was playing on her lips instead of the tears before.
During this extreme happiness, she uttered something which she dreaded the most.
Nandu : I know you Manik, since school. I haven't forgotten you ever.
Only if she realised that she had uttered these words aloud instead of saying it to herself.

Her this one line created havoc inside another soul present there. Manik. He wanted to jump in joy but composed himself as he trespassed someones else's thoughts. He tightened his grip on her hand, smiled at her and promised himself to protect this tiny girl standing in front of him. They sat in the car and drove off.
The car halted. Thinking that they reached home Nandini opened her eyes and found herself in front of a pani puri stall.

Nandini : Sir hum yaha kya kar hai?

Manik : Oh hello Madam, free mein friend thodi banaya hai. Itna bad speech diya, the Manik Malhotra ne tumhe apna friend banaya aur ab bhi tum mujhe sir bula rahi ho? This is not done yaar Nandu. I am not talking to you unless you call me by my name agar uske liye mujhe saari raat yahi pani puri waale ke paas baitna ho ya phir saari umar pani puri hi bechna ho. Anything is fine with me. Yaar itna acha naam tho hai mera. (With a pout)

Nandini laughed at his antics.

Nandini : (hesitatingly) Manik, hum yaha kya kar rahe hai?

Manik : (with a bright smile) hum yaha shopping karne aaye hai.

Nandini : what?

Manik : what kya? Pani puri ke stall mein kya karne aayenge? Of course pani puri khaane aayenge na. Chale ab?

Nandini : (looking down) vo maine kabi pani puri nahi khaya.

Manik :(dramatically putting his hands on his mouth) haww Nandu.. tumne aaj tak pani puri nahi khaya? I mean the PANI puri? Are you even for real?

Nandini still looks down.

Manik : Chalo, today The Manik Malhotra will give you a Pani puri treat to celebrate our new friendship.

They go and have pani puri with lots of teasing sessions of Manik, Nandu enjoying the day like never before and Manik laughing out carelessly without feeling lonely.

Precap :

Manik and Cabir's fight over someone/something. (Don't worry, serious wala nahi hai.😂)

How many of you liked Manik in this?

How many of you like pani puri? (Me Me 🙋🙋)

Writer is sulking in some corner of her room. Use uski best friend ki yaad aagayi.

How was the chapter. Do vote and comment.