- Skirts and stares -

Chapter thirteen

Theo's POV (since it's been requested... ;D)

-

Grey hair exposing his age, he blinked at me with his dark brown eyes, similar to mine, and sighed.

"Theo."

"Dad."

He sighed again and glanced away from me, staring at his oak table. "You're doing my head in."

"She's doing my head in."

If angered by my words, he fought showing it. I wouldn't say my father was a calm man, though a lot damn calmer than me, but he knew how to hold himself in certain situations. I'll give him that.

He released a breath. "You shouldn't be angry at her."

"She's a bitch."

"Theo," He warned, shooting me a narrowed look. I use to be scared of the pointed look, knowing it was sign that I was pushing his nerves too far but that was before. This is now. I don't care. "She is not."

"She just wants attention and money."

My father's teeth gritted against each other. "Regardless boy, we'll be getting married."

I kept my frustration at bay. "Make sure you buy her the most expensive dress, bitches like her love it."

"Theo!" I hid my smile, knowing I was making him even madder. "Just... Please. I'm asking you to stop, enough is enough. Respect her."

"Pfft," I pulled a face, perplexed and irritated at his dumb suggestion. "No. She's a useless cow. A user. She's just with you because you're the alpha. Luxury for her. She's too dumb to realise the role of Pack Luna means more than just waving at pack members and looking pretty. Maybe you're only with her because you don't think you'll find someone again, not after mother-"

"THEO!" He abruptly pushed back his chair and stood, hands pressing against the desk. "Stop this at once. I did not raise you to be so ungrateful!"

"What's there to be grateful for?" I pushed, leaning my head forward and taunting him. I wanted him to hit me, do something to give me reason to lash out.

He suddenly shook his head. "Just... leave."

"With pleasure," I smiled, shoving the chair back and getting the fuck away from his office.

Down the stairs and ready to go, a soft hand touched my arm. I glanced up and saw her despicable face, roughly flicking her touch away from me. "Theo," She murmured. "I know that you are-"

"What?" I gritted, getting in her face and shooting her a menacing look. "What Madison?" She stared at me with her dark brown eyes. "You know what? Fucking nothing. Don't touch me." I shoved her second attempt of grabbing me and went straight for the front door. I'd rather be at school right now.

Married? They're getting married? Pathetic.

Just Another example of a failing relationship that runs in my family. Mays well follow the trend of the inspiring men, it seems we're all doomed by a failed fate. Love seems stupid to me. The idea of loyalty? More a rarity. Well, from what I've gathered around me. A brother left wounded, a mother left dead, a grandma cheating the heart of my grandfather and a tasteless lover to replace my mother? Such a perfect little family.

At least in fathers defence, he couldn't control a death, but what man is that blinded he doesn't notice a cheap bitch pouncing on an opportunity? And to think, he intends to marry this ratty woman?