tommy shelby: brothel.

BROTHEL.

Tommy felt the glares of every bloke in the room as he arrived at the brothel. He had been debating it for weeks and after a long night of drinking, he found himself walking down the road that was notorious for its sins. People observed as he strolled inside, paying his fee, and waiting in the reception area. For the first time in his life, Tommy felt judged and he didn't like it. His hands came to his knees as he scrubbed away the sweat that was forming because of his worries and stress. All the of men eventually made their way up the stairs and into the rooms. Tommy almost felt envious of them, they were getting their release and he was so desperate for it.

The young receptionist watched Tommy as he looked around the room. She noted down his jumpiness and prayed for the whore that got him. She was more astonished that he was here than anything. He seemed like a hubris man that wouldn't be seen dead in a place like this but nobody really knew what went on in a mind like Tommy Shelby. He was reserved, barely spoke about his feelings and once in a blue moon, a genuine smile would come onto his face. It got worse once his wife passed away, the heart break nearly sent him spiralling into a pit of despair but like any Shelby boy, he picked himself back up and got on with life – at least that's what people thought.

After a good half an hour of waiting, the receptionist called Tommy's name. He nodded his head and made his way up the stairs. He had no idea where he was going, or who he was seeing but in the moment he couldn't care less. The sound of loud moaning and headboards knocking against the wall filled the corridor, he was almost put off by the sounds but when he noticed you, standing outside the room, your hair curled and a cheeky smile on your face, he knew he had to stay.

You didn't speak and instead just watched him, both in shock and fear. When they told you that Tommy Shelby was waiting downstairs for a quick fuck, you didn't believe them. Every girl swooned over Tommy Shelby, he was by the far the most attractive man in Small Heath. His brother, Arthur, was a regular in here and most of the girls spoke about his skills in the bedroom, you just hoped that his brother was the same.

Taking Tommy's hand in yours, you made your way into the room and sat down on the bed. Tommy stood by the doorway, examining your body with his eyes and he almost smiled when he realised who you was.

"[y/n] [y/l/n}," he whispered. "We went to school together, if you can remember that long ago."

"How could I forget you, Tommy Shelby? The boy who sat behind me in class, pulling my hair every English lesson and then using that irresistible charm and smile to get yourself out of trouble." A part of you hoped that Tommy wouldn't remember who you was. It was shameful that you had become a whore but you needed a house to live in, clothes to wear and food to eat. The fact that Tommy did remember you made you feel a lot more comfortable for some reason. "I heard that you don't show off that smile anymore."

"There's not a lot to be happy about, [y/n]." He was right, the world had gone to shit since the war. The economy was at an all-time low, the poverty had gone through the room and most of women had become widows.

"I'm not going to argue that point. What brings you here tonight?" You asked.

"Well, judging by the fact I'm at a brothel house, I'd say that I'm here for a good fuck," Tommy said, dramatically rolling his eyes once he had finished. You laughed at his actions, half-expecting him to laugh back but you didn't get to blessed with the sweet laughter that you hadn't heard in years.

"That could be arranged." You patted the quilt next to you and Tommy walked over. He sat down next to you, one finger coming to your exposed thigh as he glided it up and down.

"Always thought you was pretty," Tommy said. He didn't look up at you, which you was thankful for as your face was slowly becoming red with embarrassment. No one ever complimented you, so it was strange to hear Tommy Shelby come out with the words.