tommy shelby: summertime sadness.

SUMMERTIME SADNESS.

"This is the last time, darling."

The brash music that Tommy had organised was blasting through the magnificent rooms of the grand home, making you feel uncertain of your surroundings. People were dressed to the dozen, their gowns dropping to the floor and the men dressed in the usual peaky attire. Vital business men were stood chatting to others but none of them were bothered about the unfamiliar woman in the room, only Tommy was. He didn't know if you'd actually arrive, mainly because of Grace being present but he swore that his heart stopped when the door opened and you walked inside. A few ] men finally peeped over at you, their attention focusing on the dress you were wearing but they soon turned back to their dealings.

He smiled widely but there was a hint of blues, knowing that this would be the last night he shared with you before his wedding day. His eyes danced over your body and his smiled turned to a smirk. The red dress that you were wearing was fitted perfectly, enhancing all your curves and your hair was done up big as you wanted to make a lasting impression on the handsome man. You blew him a kiss, causing Tommy to laugh loudly and throw his head back. Grace noticed and her eyes trailed over to Tommy but she remained oblivious and continued chatting to another guest.

It was last year in the summertime that you met first Tommy and things quickly progressed from there on. You were never lovers, just both hungry for the lust and passion that happened whenever you were around each other. The two of you were like a magnet, constantly drawn to each other through everything, including him and Grace's engagement. You promised to leave him at the point and never share nights together but the lust was too much and most days, Tommy found himself sneaking away to meet you where the two of you would spend the night together, claiming that it would be your last. Of course, a week later, he would be round at your house, his lips on your exposed skin as he removed your clothing.

You slipped the shoes from your feet and walked towards the dancefloor, linking arms with some random man as you allowed him to move his body against yours. His touch was soft and delicate, a contrast to the way that Tommy touched you. He was rough and hungry, desperate for the feel of your skin against his own – which you loved. Tommy's eyes remained in contact with yours, never leaving for a second as he watched you rub up and down against the man. Tommy's jealously was starting to get the better of him but he remained composed in front of Grace and breathed in and out, relaxing himself instantly.

"I'm going to get a drink," you whispered to the man you were dancing with before moving over to the drink's tables – your hair bouncing as you walked. The smile crept onto your face as you turned your head to look at Tommy and noticed him walking over, a skip in his step, showing how eager he was to talk to you. "How are you, Mr. Shelby?" you asked, using a formal name as you were surrounded by others.

"I'm doing very well, how about you?"

"Pretty shit," you said with a chuckle. You took a large gulp of your Gin before looking over at Tommy with a smile. "I'm kidding, I'm doing fine," you lied, not wanting to let Tommy know about the sadness you were feeling.

"Really?" Tommy asked, his eyes squinting as he tried to read your face.

"Yes, really. I'm happy, I promise."

Tommy refused to believe your words, you weren't happy at all and nor was he, but the two of you put that to the side and moved towards the door. Tommy quickly glanced back at his fiancée, who was talking to some guests about the wedding plans and made a swift movement from the grand hall and down to the outside area. You were walking ahead, unsure of where you were going but that didn't matter to you.

"This is a very beautiful house," you said as you turned your head back towards Tommy. He was a few steps behind and attempting to light his cigarette. Your red dress swayed across the floor and Tommy blew out the smoke with a smirk on his face.

"It's down there, [y/n]." Tommy pointed down a long hallway and you skipped ahead, ignoring the paintings of Grace that were placed along the high walls. What Tommy was doing was completely wrong but this was the last time, he wouldn't allow it to happen again. "Come here." He grabbed your waist and pushed you against the wall, his hands slipping to underneath your dress where he slowly made his way up. "I'm going to miss this," he mumbled against your neck as he pressed kisses along the skin. You groaned and rolled your head to the side, smirking slightly as his words. "Going to miss you."

"It has to be done, Tommy. For your own sanity and mine."

He hummed against your neck before pressing his lips against yours in a hard and demanding kiss. You allowed yourself to melt into it, knowing it would be the last time that it ever happened. Tommy's hand slipped behind your back and worked its way up until his fingers were wrapped in your hair, pulling on the strands softly. There was no distance between you, he was pressed as close as he could be to your body and the same went for you. You whimpered against his lips when he slid his rough hands back under your dress and to your underwear, pulling them to the side as his lips remained on yours. You placed your hand over Tommy's chest and slowly dragged it down until you reached his needed area. When he gasped, you slipped your tongue inside of his mouth and swirled your tongue over his. The action only made Tommy grab your harsher and shove his hips into yours, making you grind against his sensually. You cupped his cheeks and tilted your head to the side as he placed a knee in between your thighs.

"This is the last time, darling," Tommy whispered before lowering to his knees.

+++

You breathed heavily, your red dress wrapped around your waist and your arms clung around Tommy's neck. You didn't want to let go, not matter how much you had to. Tommy rested his forehead on yours as his breath became for steadier and chuckled to himself.

"What are you laughing about?" you asked.

"Baby, you're the best."

"But it's got to end, Tommy." You pulled away from him and lowered your dress, smoothing out the creases before smiling up at the man. "I hope you enjoy married life."

"Me too, [y/n]."

"But if she doesn't live up to expectations, you know where I am." You giggled before turning serious again. Tommy started to walk away but you grabbed onto his arm and pulled him back. "Kiss me hard, one more time, before you go."