Baby

"Hello, Cami

"Hello, Cami." Klaus says, smiling at her as we go up to the bar.

Cami smiles back before her smile turns to a frown of confusion as she stares at Klaus.

"This is my wife, Evie." He introduces, dragging me to the seat next to him.

"How is it that when you come up to me now, and no one else is around, I suddenly remember that you just told me you're a vampire, and you're mind-controlling me? And then you leave, and then I go back to thinking you're just some hot guy with a cute accent and money to burn on your sprawling memoir?" She asks, exasperatedly. I force an awkward cough, I mean you would do if someone minor flirts with your husband while you're standing next to them.

"Well, that's how compulsion works, love." Klaus says, smirking as he orders me a coke.

"Yeah, but what's happening? Is it hypnosis? Are my neurons being shut down somehow?" She asks, trying to understand. I glare at my drink.

"You're always the curious scholar. Let's talk about Marcel.You said you have a little information for me." he says, smirking at my disgusted look.

" He's bringing someone to the music festival tonight. A girl he's mentoring. Apparently she's going through a hard time. Rebelling against authority, anger issues, that sort of thing. I guess with my psych degree, he figured I could set her straight, but I said no." She says, staring at me with curiosity and interest sparkling in her eyes.

" I'm going to go ahead and insist that you change your answer to "Yes."" He commands.

" You're going to force me to do this, aren't you? Why even bother with politeness?" Eventually, I get bored of glaring at my drink and decide to jump in.

"He has this weird love for making people believe they have a choice, then he suddenly strips them of it, just like he stripped me of my golf buggy."I trail off.

"We have talked about why I took it back Evie..." He whines, to which, I merely shrug.

_______________________________________________________

"Oh for goodness sake witch woman, I said I'm fine." I snap, sick of her prodding and soothing words as she monitors my pregnancy.

"You are overdue for a checkup." She replies, keeping her voice steady and calm.

" What's she gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here!" Hayley adds on sarcastically, taking my hand.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours." Rebekah ads, slight jealousy lacing her tone.

"I know a doctor out in the Bayou, off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it." She says, calmly.