{FAQ}

1. Is there a sequel?

Yes.

2. Will there be a spin-off for other characters?

Maybe. And depending on which character I pick, it may be years from now (because I don't like writing so many years into the actual future―for example, it might be WW3, new technology, Facebook dead...).

3. Are you going to publish this book?

I may self-publish someday.

4. What about a movie or TV show?

I'm not interested in pitching. But if provided the offer, I'd maybe consider it. I'm basically just terrified of companies whitewashing or lightwashing my characters or removing the whole self-learned self-love and self-acceptance theme...

5̶. C̶a̶n̶ I̶ w̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ o̶r̶ d̶r̶a̶w̶ a̶r̶t̶ f̶o̶r̶ W̶h̶e̶n̶ B̶e̶s̶t̶ F̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ K̶i̶s̶s̶?

Y̶e̶s̶.

Just kidding. No one asked that. B̶u̶t̶ t̶h̶e̶ a̶n̶s̶w̶e̶r̶ i̶s̶ s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ y̶e̶s̶.

6. How did you write such an amazing book?

I dunno.

7. Seriously, how?

I wrote down what my characters created and had a personal checklist of themes and points I wanted to include. But really, idk.

8. How can I become an amazing writer like you?

Compliments make me nervous. But I really believe anyone can become who they want to be. Effort can reach the same level or higher than natural talent. I read a lot since I was a toddler and always had a huge imagination. I paid attention to the ways authors crafted stories and characters, analyzed storytelling in school, and self-studied writing techniques and tools from fellow writers and professionals. And I listened to and used constructive criticism. I still have room to grow.

9. The story has a lot of diversity, which is awesome! But it was overwhelming at times. I didn't know what some stuff meant. What's asexual? What's aromantic? What's non-binary? What's tamale?

GoOglE.
G๑๑gℓε.
˙әlƃoo⅁
It's a fast and magical thing. 😊

It's rewritten to be less overwhelming in my edited versions, but, hey, it's an LGBTQ+ club. What do you expect?

10. Why didn't you translate the Spanish?

"이렇게 번역하는 것을 싫다." (I dislike translations like this.)

Also don't like putting it at the beginning of the chapter because of spoilers and readers' frequent short-term memory.

So I put most of them inline. Unfortunately, that backfires when people don't check inline comments or when lots of people comment inline and the confused person doesn't scroll up to see my translation. Or when Wattpad glitches. Or when the book ends up being more popular than I ever imagined and my translation gets buried by reader comments.

I also don't feel like direct, word-for-word translations are necessary (maybe it's because of my linguistics background), so the meaning of some Spanish dialogue was implied through following narration.

11. Are you a native Spanish speaker?

No. While I did study it in the past, I consulted speakers of Venezuelan Spanish (for Alex's family) and Mexican Spanish (for Selena).

12. Congrats on coming out. Are you lesbian?

No.

13. So you're bi?

No.

14. Then what are you??

Thanks for reading!

15. I'm afraid to come out. My parent(s) are homophobic/transphobic. What should I do?

Do things in your own time and prioritize your safety.

16. I don't know what I am. But I think I'm not straight. Can you tell me what I am or what I should do?

No and not exactly. G๑๑gℓε might provide some answers. EmptyClosets.com is a particularly good resource if you like forums. But don't feel pressured to find a label. The characters in this book show how for some individuals, labels can be important, and for others, labels are unimportant.

There seems to be a lot of pressure to find a label or join a specific part of the LGBTQ community. If it helps you, go ahead. But remember, you don't need to. Look at Harry Styles. He's outwardly rejected labels and disclosing his sexuality to the public because he  feels it's very personal. Plenty of people have slapped their own labels on him like "bi" or "pan" or "gender-fluid." But he's stated: "it's about not having to label everything, not having to clarify what boxes you're checking." Look at Suga from BTS. He's openly and indirectly stated his attraction isn't limited to girls. I don't know if he doesn't use a label because of S. Korea's homophobia or because he doesn't feel the need for one. Either way, he's doing him. That's what's most important. Feel what you feel. Be who you are. The only thing you need to know for sure is that you are not abnormal or confused or mentally ill. You are awesome, courageous, and valid.

17. I'm depressed like Liam was. Can you help me?

I can't provide you professional mental health services which is what you truly need. You deserve happiness, so don't be afraid to seek those services out. If you're going through a crisis and thinking of harming yourself, talk to someone you trust and/or go to an ER or call a crisis hotline for your country.

United States: 1-800-273-8255 Visit https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org for more info

Canada: Visit https://suicideprevention.ca/need-help/ to find the numbers for all 12 provinces.

Philippines: (02) 804-4673

Any other country, Google "suicide crisis hotline" in your language or include your country name.

It gets better if you get the right help. ❤💪🏿💪🏾💪🏽💪🏼💪🏻