Chapter 4*

When I'm walking to school the next day, my head is still spinning.

Mate, Lucy, werewolves, wolves, I just can't get a hold of it.

And even if I have my own problems, I still need to help the animals. Like yesterday.

After the 'encounter' with the werewolves, I left and guarded the forest. Or patrolled, same thing.

I helped Tealeh, the great eagle that lives in a giant pine tree in one of the deepest parts of the forest, with her nest. We had a great time talking and she is really nice.

She'll be a great mother.

I reach the school buildings and push the big wooden doors open.

The corridor is empty, as I'm surprisingly early. That's also the reason that Lucy didn't walk with me to school, she had to hunt in the morning mist. And when Lucy have hunted with the her pack, she's exhausted.

I reach my looker and open it up. My mind searches, frenetically trying to remember my schedule as I pick around with my books, putting a few of them in the right place.

I come to my senses and remember that I have Biology first period, a smile creep it's way to my lips. Even if it kind of says itself that I barley have to pay attention to my Biology lessons, I can't help but feel satisfied.

Today's first lesson is going to be lazy. And that goes for the rest of the day too. Thankfully.

It feels so nice to not have to worry about any werewolves. I don't spot Luke in the hallways and I don't remember seeing him in any of my classes, so I basically empty my head and let the time pass without disturbing anyone.

When school ends for the day, I'm not dead tired, nor wanting to throw myself on my bed or anything alike for that matter.

I just want to run freely in the forest, checking on everyone, making sure that they're alright.

As I step out of the wooden gate I let my eyes enter the purple world replica of souls to see if I can find Lucy. But I don't spot her.

She's probably still in the forest doing pack stuff since Maxie is at home. Mum locked up the house today, so Maxie is stuck in there.

Poor thing.

I walk down the concrete path from school to the road with my eyes still in the soul-replica. Mostly since Lucy sometimes hides and it's impossible to find that wolf without a little trick up your sleeve.

As I start to walk down the sidewalk, my gaze still searches after that yellow soul. But that's when I spot the colour I really don't want to see right here, right now.

Orange.

Three of them stepping out of school, another five getting out of a car, I think. It's hard to see when everything is purple, as the depth and distance gets hard to judge.

I know I shouldn't show that I know the werewolves have arrived, out of various reasons. But I can't help but to speed up my pace heading home.

Wait a second. I shouldn't be heading home, then they would know where I live if they follow me!

I mentally face palm myself and try to find another destination.

I don't have any friends, human friends that is. So I can't go to anyone's house.

The forest? I think that's my best option, but won't that look suspicious? I think-...

''Excuse me?''