•47- Howling•

I wake up the next morning with a pair of arms wrapped around my waist lightly. For a moment I tense up, then I remember what had happened last night.

Ace said he loves me, plain and simple. I find it weird, I'd never expect him to be type to say that, but I'm happy. Maybe this is the start of something great.

My wolf barked at me, trying to tell me something. I tend to ignore her when she gets restless. She should be happy, her mate is finally acting like a mate. I guess this is her way of showing her happiness, but I've never seen it before. Sometimes she can be so odd.

"Good morning," Ace says, sounding very awake. My wolf perks up inside me, which makes me flinch.

I look over at Ace, smiling a little, "Goodz morningz," I slur in my morning voice. At least my words didn't combine like they usually do, sure as hell thats hard to understand.

Ace chuckles and reaches to pat my head, "Adorable," he says, his eyes seeming to sparkle.

My heart felt like melting as I stuttered a reply, "I-I don't know what you're talking about." I look away from him, slightly embarrassed.

Ace smiles and shakes his head, "Sure~" he replies, rolling his eyes while getting out of bed. "What would you like for breakfast Lillian?" he asks, putting on some jeans.

I take a moment to ponder before answering, "Waffles and whip cream," I smile, staring at him and his body. Hey, I have the right to do as such. Plus, it's not he would get angry at me for doing. He might just make some type of sexual joke that sounds like a suggestion.

Ace nods and walks over to the kitchen area, leaving me alone in the cabin's small bedroom. It felt comforting, like Iw as on a trip in the woods. But no, we are running from someone trying to kill my mate, Alpha Jack. I never would've thought that Ace had an Alpha for a brother, I guess he got his position by putting another Alpha out of power, or Ace would have to have an Alpha bloodline. That would explain why he is so strong. Too bad, he could never be an Alpha in the eyes of the law.

I get up and hop over to the kitchen, I didn't like staying in bed all of the time. It gets so boring. Hopping is good enough till my leg ends up healing, which should be a week or so. Those bear traps were laced with something, or else I would have healed by now.

"What're you doing up? You should be resting in bed," Ace says, shoving his phone quickly into his pocket. He stares at me for a bit before looking back at the waffle maker. I wonder how old the food was here, or if it gets restocked periodically.

I bite my lip, "Well... I just wanted to get out of bed," I let out a shaky laugh, trying to make myself feel better. I hope I'm not causing Ace pain.

Ace shakes his head, "Fine, the waffles are ready anyways," he says, opening the waffle maker and placing the wonderful smelling waffles onto a paper plate. He walks over to the mini fridge and pulls out some peppermint whip cream, my favorite. It's like a match made in heaven, whip cream is love and life. I would probably die from over eating if I had an unlimited supply.

I sit down on a nearby couch and wait for him so we could eat together. Possibly me and him could talk today, just a little get to know him some more. All my life I've been taught that he's a serial killer and such, but not the personal stuff. We have talked off and on, but only a little bit.

"Here you go," Ace says, placing a paper plate lightly onto my lap, smiling and winking. I blush lightly, picking up the plastic fork and digging in as he watched me.

We eat in silence, but a peaceful one. It didn't bother me like when it first did. Thinking about it now, Ace scared he living hell out of me with his sadism and nicknames. He hardly ever called me Lillian, until today. Actually, scratch that, when I lost my memory he called me Lillian. I could never figure that out. I wonder why he is calling me Lillian today, do I have amnesia again?

My wolf growls at me and I flinch, dropping my fork. Ace glances at me and picks it up, "I'll go get you a new one," he says, leaving me with my disturbing thoughts. Maybe I'm overreacting and overthinking this, or it could be my mediocre detective skills acting up. Oh the possibilities.

"Back," Ace says, handing me a new fork so I could go back to eating, but I didn't feel as hungry anymore. Maybe hungry for knowledge, yeah, that's it. "Are you alright," he asks, getting in front of me, as if inspecting my face.

I smile awkwardly, "Of course, it was just a muscle spasm," I laugh, staring back at him. He nods and sits next to me, continuing to eat. I do too, but a lot slower. I needed some time to think about this, carefully.

Start off with the basics, what's different. Well, Ace has been calling me by my first name. What else? He's been extremely kind since we have got here. That's not like him, but he has been slowly getting nicer to me, this is too fast though. Hm, so what could his mean?

"Is there something wrong with my waffles? You're hardly eating them," Ace says with a sad tone, even giving me the puppy dog eyes.

"They're perfect," I say, looking down at my plate.

A little too perfect.

•••

Sorry for not updating much, I've been working on my Ap class and lazying around. I think I'm back on track now.

If you saw my instagram post, you got a sneak peak. I'll post it here too since not everybody has instagram!

I also made this thing of all the times Ace called Lillian something, sadly, my stupid app won't load it and I'm very sad because it freaking took forever! But I can summarize it, before Lillian lost her memory, Ace always called her playful names...

I also made this thing of all the times Ace called Lillian something, sadly, my stupid app won't load it and I'm very sad because it freaking took forever! But I can summarize it, before Lillian lost her memory, Ace always called her playful names and only once or twice by her real name, after she lost her memory, he refused to call her anything except her first name. Once she got her memories back, he started calling her cute names again.. until now.

Let the predictions begin! Bet y'all can't guess this one 😋

Anyways, if you want to ask a question to a specific character, I can answer it as that character on my instagram, where I post updates and Q&A's. It's a little extra thing. (isafluffyfox)