Chapter Fourty-One:

Ruka (1)

Later that night, I was in Zuko's room. He was laying down and I was sitting at the end of the bed.

"So, what are you going to do?" I asked him lowly. Zuko didn't respond, instead he kept his gaze up at the ceiling.

I sighed, "Zuko... I have to tell you something."

Like before, he didn't respond.

"Whatever. I'm just going to tell you. I've decided-"

The metal door opened and in peeked Iroh, "The crew wanted me to wish you safe travels."

"Good riddance to those traitors." Zuko replied. I crossed my arms, "So he speaks."

"It's a lovely night for a walk. Why don't you and Ruka join me? It would clear your heads."

Zuko kept the same expression and gaze with no respond. I huffed, slouching my shoulders.

"...or just stay in your room and sit in the dark. Whatever makes you happy."

"I'll catch up with you later, Iroh." I told him before he left. I turned my head back to Zuko and sighed, "This is going to seem strange, but hear me out, alright?"

"A few night ago, Iroh and I talked about something I dreamt. Except, it technically wasn't a dream. I'll get into that later, but basically, I have a destiny. And my destiny is-"

Zuko quickly sat up from his bed and looked to the door, "Uncle?"

"Were you even listening to me?!" I asked while I watched him stand up and walk to the door. He opened the door and looked out, "Uncle, is that you?"

I stood up and walked over to the door "What are you doing? Iroh just-"

He covered my mouth with his hand and shushed me. When he pulled it away, he stepped out of the room with a fighting stance.

He started to walk down the hall and I followed him. This boy's gone crazy

Zuko swiftly turned the corner, keeping his stance. "No one's here." I said.

He continued to walk normally while looking around. We went up to the steering area and I heavily sighed as I walked around the room.

When I turned my head to look out on the rails, I saw an all too familiar bird. I gasped, "Zuko!"

Zuko widened his eyes at the bird as it squawked at us. When it flew away, I looked to Zuko who had a frightened look on his face.

Then, huge explosives were heard and Zuko and I screamed when a ginormous stream of fire broke through the door and hit us both.

We continued to scream as we were harshly blown out of the ship. The cold water that surrounded the ship had now captured me.

I swam up to the surface, my heart racing as I saw the ship up in large flames. I looked around for Zuko, "Zuko! Zuko, where are you!?"

"Ruka!"

I turned quickly and Iroh was on the dock with a sad expression. I swam over to the dock and looked for a ladder of some sort.

"This way!" Iroh pointed to the other side of the dock. I swam that way and once I reached the ladder, I climbed up. Iroh grabbed onto my hand and helped me get onto the dock.

Once I stood up, I yelped while falling to the floor.

Iroh bent down and examined me while I was breathing heavily and looked at the ship that was still in flames.

"You're bruised up and- oh my, your stitches opened up Ruka!"

I quickly looked down and he was right. Blood was flowing out fast, down by leg and into the dock.

"It burns, it burns." I said quickly. "Help me get closer to the water."

Iroh nodded, picking me up and getting me to the edge of the dock. I lifted a bubble of water and placed it over my wound.

As I kept it there for a few seconds, the water glowed a bright blue. I gasped then looked up to Iroh who wearily smiled down at me.

Once the glow disappeared, I bent the water back into the ocean then looked down at my now healed wound.

"Did- did I do that?" I asked, mostly to myself.

"You have the power to heal." Iroh said. "Healing is a sub-skill of waterbending."

Iroh helped me up and though I still felt bruised, I felt a lot better than before.

"You have small cuts on your face and I could see a bruise starting to form under your eye. You'll be okay."

Before I replied, I remembered Zuko.

"We have to try to find him!"

Iroh shook his head, "My nephew isn't here."

"We can't give up like that! He fell from the boat with me, so he has to be-"

Iroh grabbed onto my shoulder then shook his head. "My nephew isn't here."

"That is quite the unusual dream." Iroh said once I finished telling him what happened.

"I know, but it wasn't technically a dream. The only way they could've reached me was while I was asleep." I said. Iroh raised his brow, "They? There was another person?"

"Yes. Avatar Roku's granddaughter. I can't remember her name." I said with a slight frown.

Iroh seemed quite shocked. "Did she say her relation to Prince Zuko?"

"Just that her family and his family were close a long time ago." I replied. "Do you know who I'm talking about?"

He shook his head slowly.

"I can't ignore this. Avatar Roku said that this was my true destiny. But, it just doesn't feel right."

Iroh places his hand atop of mine and gave me a reassuring squeeze. "I will support whatever you choose."

I looked down and that's when I realized I was crying. Tears were dripping down my face slowly.

"However, if you choose to stay, you must promise me that you will not give up on Zuko. No matter how hard it gets, you mustn't."

I kept my head down while I whispered hesitantly, "I promise."