Chapter 20

^LOL, when your friends decide to make you go first 

ALEXIS

Hudson and I trudged down the pathway quickly as pack members followed behind us as if they were expecting a battle of some sort. I had no idea what came close to the border, but apparently, it was serious enough for everyone to tag along. 

The look on Hudson's face was fierce, like a true Alpha. I felt sorry for whoever dared try to cross the Riveter border because they were done for from what I could tell.

Especially since they interrupted our moment.

Once Hudson pulled away, we walked out of the house awkwardly because neither of us knew what to do or say. Now, we were walking close together, but I sensed that Hudson was doing that because he felt his 'protect-my-mate' instinct kick in.

"I don't even see anyone," Hudson muttered to himself although I overheard. I followed his gaze to the crowd of pack warriors and frowned when I didn't see anyone myself. Once we were close enough, the pack warriors moved to the sides so that we could walk through to the front.

Boston and Matthew were standing there glaring at a young man standing in front of the line of trees. The man didn't look like he meant any harm, but anything was possible. It was best to keep our guard up.

"State your name and your purpose for coming here," Hudson growled out harshly, cutting straight to the point. The man gave him a small smile and raised his hands innocently as if to show he meant no harm, "Biron Lamdus. I come in peace."

Hudson didn't seem fazed by the man's soft-spoken words, "Drop the hands. What are you? You are not a werewolf." 

For the first time since we stepped outside, I acknowledged the foul scent in the air properly. This man was definitely not a werewolf. 

"I am a griffin."

There were a chorus of gasps and growls from the pack as Hudson's glare deepened. He let out a   growl, warning the griffin man to beware.

"I come in peace," Biron repeated, "I can be trusted. I have left my fellow griffins to join the werewolves."

Hudson raised an eyebrow, "How can we trust you? You can't possibly expect us to believe you with just words."

The man stepped forward, making Matthew growl and shove him back. Hudson must have mind-linked Matthew or something because he allowed the man come forward the next time he tried. 

"I can give you a blood oath," Biron said slowly, "so you trust me."

Hudson didn't say anything and just narrowed his eyes, daring the griffin to make a wrong move.  However, the man turned his attention to me and walked closer, making Hudson stiffen. I gave him a look to reassure him that it was okay and stared at the griffin expectantly.

"Let's do a blood oath," he muttered, pulling a knife out and handing it to me. I took it in my hand slowly and stared at it with narrowed eyes.

Something wasn't right.

Why was this man doing the blood oath with me? He had no idea who I was, and even if he did think I was the Luna, why wasn't he swearing his loyalty to the Alpha instead? 

I glanced at Biron and studied his face. He seemed calm, but I noticed the flicker of uncertainty in his eyes.  That was when it hit me. 

He wasn't planning on giving the oath at all.  He had handed me the knife first so I would cut my hand and let my golden blood out. 

The blood they were thirsty for. 

Once I cut my hand, he would know that I was the one they were looking for and run back to his little gang of griffins and inform them of where I was. 

This was a trick. A clever one at that. 

I looked at Hudson, and he seemed to be studying the griffin as well. When he noticed me staring, I tried to convey that this man wasn't loyal, but he didn't seem to understand my stare.

"Luna, we haven't got all day. Come on, do the blood oath with me," Biron said, chuckling as if my hesitation was funny. The hint of impatience in his tone confirmed my suspicions. 

I raised the knife and stabbed him right in the gut.

He doubled over in pain and groaned loudly while a few of the pack members gasped loudly. However, I wasn't finished. I kneed him in the balls so he fell to the ground and held the knife to his neck.

"You don't come in peace. You're a spy," I said harshly, making sure to spit in his face as he gasped in pain. 

Suddenly, he started shifting, wings sprouting from his back and his hands turned into talons. Hudson growled and rushed forward to stand in front of me protectively. He was almost half-shifted, with his claws and fur coming out.

I stood there in shock, like all the other pack members, as we stared at the horrifically beautiful form of the griffin. 

He wasn't large, probably the size of Hudson's wolf, but he was intimidating enough that he looked bigger. His eagle head stood proudly as he eyed us like we were his next meal, his wings flapping behind him gently. 

"You have two months to surrender to the griffins. Turn the blessed one into us at the mountains and all of you will be safe. Choose wisely," he bellowed, squawking loudly near the end.

With that, he turned around and started flying away. 

Obviously, he was just a messenger. 

I noticed Hudson shaking with anger in front of me and placed a hand between his shoulder blades to calm him down. 

"Calm down, Hudson," I whispered gently in a daze, still trying to understand what just happened. His shaking slowly came to a stop and he turned around to address the pack members that had gathered there, "I will have a pack meeting to discuss what just happened. Everyone must attend. Make sure no one is left uninformed. Dismissed."

A majority of them nodded and turned around to walk back to the pack, while a few of them were reluctant to leave. I saw them eye me for a little long for my liking, but Hudson's growl sent them rushing down the path with the others.

"You should call your father," Hudson said, "I'm going to call some other alphas to discuss this. It's time we make an army of werewolves."

Hey loves! Lol, I'm just waiting for the BTS army to comment on that last line XD Anyway, what do you think of the griffin showing up? What do guys prefer the mood of the next chapter to be, dramatic or cute?

LOVE YOU ALL! *MWAH*