26.His Gift, his Comfort.... not Him.

"Stop looking at me like I murdered your cat" I said sipping on the warm cup of coffee.

"Is she talking to me?" Sara looked at Emma "Oh I forgot you are a traitor too" she turned away from Emma too.

"It's not like that Sara" Emma pleaded.

"If it helps, i didn't tell her either" I offered "It's not my fault that she has a sharper head than you" Sara glared at me, I stuck my tongue out. *Real mature*

For all the life changing events that happened downstairs, here I'm, playing the high school who-told-who game. And I for once don't mind it. Making this a high school gossip kind of situation is putting my mind at ease.

All the life threatening things I thought was happening to me back in school didn't matter a few years later. I don't recall any of them. I laugh at those memories. Maybe I'll laugh at this too a few years from now.

"Look" I continued "The only reason she knows is because she found out on her own. You know how she is. She didn't even tell Evan. Can you imagine what she'll go through once he realizes that she knew?"

I was feeling so bad for dragging Emma into this. Evan seemed mad, too mad to process Emma's actions during the incident. When he calms down, boy, she is going to face some rough days.

Sara's eyes softened as she turned to look at Emma who seemed to have suddenly realized that she has to face consequences too. *Awww* She wasn't thinking about herself at all.

"Tell me everything" Sara said, still unsure of how to behave. But her curiosity got the better of her.

Tell we did. We told her as much as we could in the limited time we had.

"So, the point is that" I said "All I care right now is for the incident to not cast a shadow on Dan's big day"

"That's it?" Sara said taken aback at my calmness "You don't care what your family thinks?"

"I had almost half a decade to prepare for this day Sara. It's not that I don't care; it's just that I'm ready for whatever they throw at me. Although I would have preferred if today never happened at all"

"You" she began but stopped. I was all of a sudden pulled into a bear hug "You have been really strong. I'm proud of you"

I smiled finding comfort in her words.

"Me too" Emma joined in wrapping her arms around us.

__

"Mommy" Dan yelled as he ran into the house "Look what we got"

When I came down an hour later, the house was deserted. Not one person in sight. The only proof that they were even here was the perfectly decorated house.

'Pack house' Emma had muttered before she and Sara left.

"I told you no candies, Ray" I said collecting Dan in my arms.

"Geez woman" he planted himself dramatically on the couch "listen before you start barking" he chuckled to himself "or is it howling?"

I rolled my eyes, sitting next to him "What is it? Don't spoil him"

"It's more like spoiling you though" he replied, handing me large box "Here"

Dan giggled.

"What is this?" I asked

"How would I know? I'm just the delivery boy here" he shrugged "What dress did you order? Open it, let me see" he pouted "That scary woman didn't even let me take a peek. She forgot to give it to you after what happened. She said you're supposed to see it first." he shuddered, probably recalling Mrs. Day.