vi

when i got home, i thanked chaerin for giving me a ride home. she even offered me to take me home every school day and i told her that i would think about it.

it's because i told her i don't have any gas money, but she told me not to worry because this is her route to get back home as well.

i thanked her so many times and of course she told me it's no problem at all so we exchanged numbers to keep in touch.

i opened my front door and as soon as i closed it shut, i hear chaerin's car driving away, heading her way to wherever she's planning to go.

"i'm home--" i can smell dakgangjeong from the kitchen, and my stomach started to growl. i feel like craving all of it.

purposely, i dropped my backpack next to the couch and i immediately start walking into the kitchen. i grabbed a plate that my mom left me on the kitchen island and served myself a portion of food.

i don't hear my mom at all, which can only mean she's either watching television in her room or she fell asleep. usually she does this after she comes home from work.

i spend about 10 minutes eating dakgangjeong, feeling like i'm eating like there's no tomorrow. i never felt so hungry before in a long time; my mom actually made them extremely well.

before i wanted to see my mom, i washed my plate since my mom already washed all of the dishes.

i headed to her room with her door closed and i started to knock on her door.

"..[name], is that you?" as soon as i heard her, i opened the bedroom door and gave her a big smile as i hear the tv on. "hey mom."

"hi [name], how's your first day of school?"

"it was good..and pretty exhausting." i say as i started to laugh a little.

"it's tough..when i was in school, we only had about 7 hours of school."

"oh what, seriously?"

"yeah, i lived in america for a little while when i was a teenager. but then after i graduated high school, you know since your dad is korean, he wanted us to live here in south korea."

"oh, i see; but..just 7 hours?! i want to live there now." i say to her as i laughed; and of course she did too.

"ah, whatever [name]; you're in your last year of high school, you'll make it! i'm glad you had a good first day."

"thank you mom."

"do you have saturday classes tomorrow?"

"not this week, thank god. well, i'll see you tomorrow. i'm very exhausted."

"did you wash your plate?"

"yes."

"alright, you're good to go. goodnight [name]." she said as she leaned in to kiss my forehead. i started to smile really big saying, "goodnight mom."

i walked to the living room to grab my bookbag, and turned back around to my room. i dropped the bookbag down as i got there, closed the bedroom door and i decided to change my uniform into whatever i wear to go to sleep for the night.

i turn off the lights, and tuck myself to bed as i drifted off to sleep.

although it's only about 9:00pm, i had a very exhausting day.