i. madmax

CHAPTER ONE:MADMAX

CHAPTER ONE:
MADMAX

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

   ELIZABETH DUG THROUGH every drawer in her room, trying to find her piggy bank. She hid it somewhere in her room but she couldn't remember where she had hid it. She threw her clothes on the floor of her already messy room as she dug through her white dresser, desperately trying to find it before she had to leave, "Where the hell is it?"

   She closed the final drawer of her dresser and glanced around her room until her eyes landed on her closet. She smirked and ran over to it, yanking it open. She glanced at the top shelf of it, and sighed in relief once she saw the pink pig with the name Elizabeth, scrawled onto it in black paint that had started chipping over the years. She grabbed it and ran over to her bed, but not before tripping on a few things scattered on the floor. She pulled the bottom cap off, and dumped out all the change. She quickly stuffed a handful of the coins in her jacket pocket before she heard a static noise.

   "Liz, Liz, do you copy?" Dustin's voice sounded from the radio.

   She walked over to her desk, and grabbed the radio, pressing the talk button, "Yeah, I'm here. I got about six dollars, how 'bout you?"

   "Between Lucas and I, we have six." Dustin explained, making Liz smile at how much change they had for the Arcade. "Can you call Mike? I can't figure out what channel he's on."

   Liz sighed, she knew exactly what channel he was on, "I'll call him if you call Will."

   "Fine. See you soon."

She changes the radio to the channel that Mike is always on. It's the same one that Eleven used to contact the Upside Down a year ago, "Mike, It's Liz, do you copy?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I copy." Mike answers.

"What are you doing on this channel?" Liz asks, already knowing why he's on it. She caught him one day trying to contact Eleven on the channel and he begged her not to tell the others. She promised not to and she even said she was thinking about doing the same thing to find Eleven, but she had given up on it after eight months went by with no luck in contacting the missing girl.

"Nothing..." Mike answers.

"Okay, well, Lucas, Dustin, and I have twelve bucks total." Liz tells him. "What's your haul?"

   "Shit—Shit! I don't know yet!" Mike yells, making Liz furrow her brows in confusion. She didn't understand how he didn't know when he's had all day to look.