Chapter 1

*Third Person*
Jughead walks into Pop's and goes to the counter. "Just a coffee, please." He tells Pop.

"I'll get right on it." He responds.

Jughead goes to a booth and opens his laptop. His novel pops up and he reads the last couple paragraphs he was working on. As soon as he finishes, Pop comes and puts a mug on the table.

"Thanks." He says. He starts typing after reading. The bell to the door rings. He looks up to see who it is. She has (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes. She looks around. His eyes wander back to his screen and he keeps typing.

The girl walks passed his booth and sits down in the one in the corner. She gets out her camera and laptop from her bag. She gets a cable out and plugs her camera into her computer. A load of pictures pop up on her screen. She scrolls through the pictures and selects some of her favorites to put in a slideshow. The bell rings, once again, and this time Archie, Veronica, and Betty enter. They all see Jughead and sit with him.

*Your POV*
The bell rings and three people walk in. Two girls, and a guy. The guy has red hair, one of the girls has raven, and the last has golden blonde. They all sit down a couple booths in front of me with someone else. I continue to scroll through my pictures that I took earlier today when I first drove out here. Some of them are of the beautiful sunrise that I saw at 6:34 today. My favorite things to take pictures of are flowers, and sceneries. I didn't really like back home. My parents are both a mess and my sister went "missing" a couple years ago. I'm the only one who knows where she is, at least, I think I know. After a couple minutes, someone comes up to me. It's the ginger that walked in a couple minutes ago.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi?" Why is he talking to me?

"I'm Archie. Would..you want to possibly join us? I haven't seen you here before and, I thought that we could get to know each other?"

"That's 'cause I'm new in this town. And sure, I guess." I close my laptop and put it back in my bag with my camera. I get up and follow him to the booth they're sitting in.

"Scoot over, Betts." He says to the blonde girl. I end up sitting across from three of them, and next a dark-haired girl.

"Hi, I'm Veronica," she turns and says to me.

"(Y/N)." She puts her hand out and I shake it.

"Are you new here?" The other girl asks, "I'm Betty."

"Yes, I am. I came here from (pick a place)," I say.

"That's cool," she says.

"Yeah, I guess. It's not too exciting, though."

"I hear it's really nice there," Archie says.

"In the winter, especially," Veronica adds.

"Yeah, it's kind of nice," I say.

"I saw that you had your camera out earlier, are you a photographer?" Archie asks.

I can feel myself blushing just the slightest bit. I can't help myself, no one ever pays attention to my camera so... "Well, it's a hobby so, I guess?"

"You should show me some of your photos sometime. We need a photographer for the Blue and Gold," Betty says.

I raise my eyebrow, "The what?"

"It's the school newspaper," the guy with the black hair and beanie finally talks.

"Oh. Maybe," I say.

"Oh, that's Jughead by the way," Veronica says.

"Thanks, Veronica," Jughead says, closing his laptop.

~

About an hour passes of talking about different things. I'm glad I already got to have some friends before I start school.

"Well, I should probably go. All my boxes can't unpack themselves," I stand up and grab my bag.

"Yeah, I probably should, too. Got to get to school early tomorrow to work on the Blue and Gold. Hey, (Y/N) you should come early and show me your pictures," Betty says.

"Sure, you guys all go to Riverdale High, yes?"

"Yep," Archie says.

"Okay. Well, it was nice to meet all of you guys." I say and walk out the door.

I get into my black pick-up truck and drive back to my apartment. When I get there I park my car and walk up to my room. I unlock my door to reveal boxes everywhere. My apartment used to be my Aunt's until she passed away from cancer. But my uncle's paying the rent for me. Which I think is really nice.

When you walk inside, to the left is the kitchen, and then a bathroom to the right of it. My closet's to my right, and my bed's on the far wall, with a dresser across from it. There's a couch next to my bed, and a TV in front of that. I set my cross-body bag down on the couch and look around.

What box to unpack first? My eyes wander around the room and land on a random box. "Clothes" is written on the top of it. I rip the tape off and all my clothes are inside. I start to take them out of the box and put them in my dresser, and my sweatshirts in my closet. At the bottom of the box, are my two pairs of shoes. I put those next to my door.

I find another box that says "Books." I open that box and put the books under my TV. I need to go shopping for more furniture. And get a job... I wonder where I can even work. Meh, I'll find out something tomorrow. I have a little bit of money that I saved up over the years from odd jobs, and a little I took from my parent's bank account.

After about an hour or two I check my watch. It's 10:38. I groan and get dressed in my pajamas. A tank top, long-sleeved shirt, sweatshirt over that, and some sweatpants. I get in bed and plug my phone in. I set my alarm for 6:15 and close my eyes.

-------------------------
Word Count: 1030

[A/N]: I'm looking back at this book (because I'm like that) and realizing that I really based this off of me and I am very sorry. :/ I am obviously a fan of Jughead cause who's not lolol but i guess people like it. I just never really thought what everyone else liked in their life🤷🏻‍♀️

APOLOGIES ONCE MORE

I'm also reading all of the cringeeeeeee