Chapter 21 - Edited Once

Third Person POV

(Edited Once)

"My one and only love, " Julian said as she sighed with delight. She felt alive with him, and he felt like he could conquer the world for her. That was the power of mates. 

"So your family members are werewolves, does that mean Skye is one as well?" She did not know how to feel about this, but she could not complain since she also kept secrets to herself for years.

He glanced again at the family photo that was on the wall and smiled. It had Skye and Cody in it. "Yes, she is, and Cody is her mate like you are mine and I am yours," he replied softly, making her heart soar with contentment. She shuddered at the sensational, lovely feeling she had, and she did not try to reason like she did since she got here. 

As Stella knew about the mate bond, Julian finally allowed himself to touch her warm soft cheek. He was not afraid anymore of rejection because if she wanted to reject him, she could have done that the moment he shifted.

Stella looked at her fated mate affectionately, enjoying the moment to the fullest, or savoring it since she had never experienced something like that before. Everything was new. It was safe to say that what they were both experiencing was love that was growing with each passing second. They knew each other for such a short period, but it was like love at first sight. However, the effect was stronger for them since he was an Alpha.

Love has no time.

Love is distinctively charming.

Julian cupped her cheeks and slowly kissed her forehead, then trailed his lips to her small nose until he reached her pale pink full lips that he craved since the moment he laid eyes on her. It was taking everything in his body not to claim her as his, but he kept his wild thoughts at bay for now. 

She wrapped her hands around his neck, letting him deepen the kiss. The first time he kissed her was great, but this time was phenomenal. Out of this world.

As she became more confident with their closeness, her hands traveled slowly from his neck down to his lower back. He quivered at her touch, and it excited her. He felt at home with her in his arms, and all of her senses became alive with him. His breathing deepened in time with hers. They completed each other. 

She felt dizzy, yet did not want to stop him from touching her. His lips began to move against her skin along her jawline, words sung softly by her ear. "I want you..." 

Stella smiled, finally letting her emotions speak on her behalf. "Give me your full affection because I've been craving your presence ever since I saw you, which was not long ago. I don't care about the werewolf thing, and I don't care that you're not human. All I care about is you. You saved me, Julian. You pulled me out of my dull life filled with abuse and darkness. You returned the light to my life. I saw glimmers of hope radiating from your massive body when you shielded me from my brother," she explained in a sweet voice that made Julian's eyes turn to a darker shade of brown, almost black with lust.

He was trying his best to control his wolf and not scare her with his possessiveness.  

The room was filled with a sensual intensity, both wholly intoxicated by the other. She knew that this was her new beginning. She put all of her trust and faith in and with him. It was the mate bond talking, but her heart was feeling.

She saw the good in him.

The sound of owls called, interrupting their heated moment. They were standing on the branches of the trees outside, which began to fade into the darkness. She felt him begin to pull away, but she held his hand, not fully prepared to let him go. Not now, at least.

"I found myself drowned in your kindness, I am falling hard for you, Julian," she stated confidently, but then again, she felt embarrassed that she was actually sharing her deepest feelings and emotions with Julian.

He smiled. "I also found myself drowned in your sweet, soothing, and calming voice. To your calmness. I love the look in your eyes when you see something you like. I love your eyes. I love the black hair that falls on your back. It might be soon for humans to say this, but I am not a human, so I love you, Stella. I want you to stay in my arms and grow old together," he confessed, and she could not do anything out of embarrassment but peck his dimple.

They felt complete.

"So about that kiss when the garden was on fire..." Stella began, and Julian looked like she took him off guard with this question. He thought she had forgotten about it. 

"Oh, that kiss, well... I just wanted to do it. You looked so cute while talking fast, not that you are not cute all the time, but um, ah, ugh. I just wanted to, okay?" he answered, feeling frustrated and nervous. She giggled at his foolishness. 

He never felt nervous before, well, not until he met her. She made him feel things like never before, and he would be damned if he hated it. She was a rose that did not wither in his eyes.

As Julian was drowned in his own thoughts, Stella fell asleep in his arm, feeling warm and safe. He tucked his nose in her neck, inhaling her delicious scent that made his wolf lose his scenes. He was demanding Julian to mark her right there on the spot. Yet Julian was so thoughtful and selfless. He did not want to take advantage of her while she was asleep. 

He wants to ask for her permission first.

Peter growled at him, but then he felt defeated because Julian had a point there, and he loved Stella too much to make her sad or even angry. They only wanted her to always smile. They wanted her to feel perfect in every sense of the word. She deserved all the best that they could offer for her innocent soul. The soul that did not ask for too much.

She was abused, indeed.

But now, she's protected by her powerful and loyal mate.

And she is and will always be loved by him and his wolf.

Till death, do them apart.

Julian thought that his life was 'worry free' for just mere seconds, then he remembered what made him wince in disgust. He had a cousin to take care of and a brother to be careful of. Stella's brother did not even deserve this word.

Julian knew that her brother would not just leave her alone. He was sure about that because he made his friend, Robbin, talk. He told Julian that her brother was planning revenge.

Julian was hoping that they catch them as soon as possible.

For Stella's safety.

Both of them were evil and were after his vulnerable and beautiful mate.

He would rather die than see his mate sad and scared again.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys :)

I hope you liked this chapter ♕

Please vote and comment ☆