3. A Lesson

"Who looks handsome!?" A familiar voice came from behind them. Falak turned towards the source and found Ateeb standing near the glass door. Where Falak smiled at him, Mehek became stiff as a Barbie doll.

"Bhai! When did you come? How was your flight and How long have you been standing there?" She ran towards him and hugged him with a list of questions. He laughed at her antics and hugged her back.

Falak dragged him to the couch and made him sit on the single seater which was right in front of Mehek.

"Assalamu alaikum." She greeted him softy.

"Walaikum assalam." He replied looking at her. She was looking down at the carpet aware of the intense gaze which was directed towards her.

"Bhai, you didn't answer my question.!" He was interrupted by Falak's question.

"Which question princess? As you see there were tons of it!" He teased her.

"Umm..well all of them" she replied laughing.

"My flight was good, Alhamdulillah. And I've been standing here from a minute or two." He smiled at her.

"Bhai, tell me how does he Look." He glanced at the picture.

"He is....umm... who is He!?" He asked with a scrutinizing look.

"He is my soon-to-be jiju." She stated proudly. Mehek felt like crying at her statement.

"Jiju!? As far as I remember only I have a sister... when did you get one!?" He was now confused.

"Hey, bhai I do have a sister you know.... Mehek!" She laughed at him.

"What!?" To say that he was shocked would be an understatement.

"You're engaged!?" He asked her directly. Mehek was unable to answer him. She just gazed at him with teary eyes.

"Bhai, she is not engaged yet but..." Falak was cut off by his question.

"Who is He!?" He asked Falak but his wounded gaze was fixed on Mehek. Mehek was having a hard time controlling her anger and tears.

"His name is Zaryab Aslam, son of Yawar Aslam who happens to be Sufiyan uncle's friend.... Bhai are you okay..!?" Falak was busy passing him the information but when she saw Ateeb with an angry look, she frowned at him.

"Yeah! I'm fine... just a bit tired.!" He composed himself and gave her an assuring half hearted smile.

"Oh! Sorry bhai I forgot you must be tired after such a long journey..!" She now looked worried.

"Its okay princess.!" He stood from the couch and placed his hand on her head. He turned towards the door and just before exiting, he glanced at Mehek and said.

"Congratulations!" With that he stormed out.

"What's wrong with you!?" Falak asked her when she saw tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Nothing... I'm just tired thinking."

"I seriously don't understand What's there to think Mehek. As far as I reckon, there seems to be no flaw on this proposal then why are you so worried? What's bothering you?" Falak held her hand.

"Its just that I don't want to get married now. " she said, not looking at Falak, who was trying to hide her mischievous smile. With great difficulty she made a straight, serious face and said.

"That's a very lame reason you know. I'll tell aunty that your decision is positive. It's just that you're feeling shy of accepting it." She looked at Falak with disbelief.

"You will do no such thing!" Mehek glared at her.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't." She glared at her back.

"Because I... I'm not ready to get married." Mehek looked unsure of her statement.

"Not ready or is it something else."

"Wh... what else could be the reason." She said, not looking at her eyes.

Before Falak could question her anything she reached for her hand bag.

"I should get going. I still have to collect my dress."

"How's Fiza di?" Fiza was Safura's daughter who was Mehek's aunt. It was her wedding after a month. Fiza's father, Mr. Abbas Hussain was Falak's dad's friend so she was invited too. Fiza was 2 years older than Mehek and Falak.

"She is fine I guess... but sometimes seems out of control. Wedding jitters, you know." Mehek laughed an empty laugh. She still wasn't looking at Falak.

" I gotta go, see you later. Allah Hafiz." She hugged Falak and made a beeline to the stairs.

"Time to teach both of you a lesson." She mumbled with a mischievous glint in her eye.

Hey there my sweeties!!

After reading the first chapter, a few people have assumed Aarish as a girl.
Lol!! He is definitely not a girl.... if he was a girl his name would be Aarisha.

Here's the third chapter!!

Please do tell me what you think about it so far.

It's never too soon to say that I welcome covers from all the people who like this story!!

I'll be very much happy reading your comments and reviews.

Please do click on the cutie if you've liked it so far!

With love
Kiara💞