Let me tell you a story

Please support me as an Author by tapping that vote button, commenting and sharing.

I love you all. Enjoy 😊

*****************************

Daisy

"Daisy" I hear my mother call but I was already fading into unconsciousness.

The lights flicker on for a minute and my groggy eyes meet my mum's from afar. My mum shouts and calls the security team that followed us to the grocery store.

She runs towards us followed by two bodyguards. When she reaches where we were, I was almost out of consciousness.

"Let my daughter go, Levi" My mother pleads. I hear a maniacal laughter then feel something cool and sharp like a blade pressed against my neck.

"Take one more step forward Elena and she's gone" Eve's father says from behind me pressing the blade harder to my neck.

"Do something" My mother screams at the bodyguards.

A bodyguard brings out his gun and shoots the other one before hitting my mother on the head with the back of his gun rendering my mother immediately unconscious. I wanted to scream and thrash my body. I wanted to run to my mum but my body was too weak.

"You've done a good job Tim, you'll be handsomely rewarded" Eve's father says to the bodyguard before turning back and shooting him in the head and that was the last thing I saw before my body gave in to unconsciousness.

***************

I groan at the horrible migraine in my head before forcing my eyes open. My eyes was met with stark darkness with no hint of light anywhere.

How long have I been here?

Where is my Mother?

That question is answered when I hear a soft voice call out to me.

"Daisy, are you awake? Are you okay?" She asks and I trace the direction where the voice was coming from and when I finally reach her, I curl up into her, hugging her.

"Mum, I don't like it here, I miss Dad and I wanna go home" I cry into her chest and she hugs me tighter.

"I'm going to get us out of this baby. Don't cry anymore" She pacifies me her voice breaking at the end.

"We're gonna get out of......" Her words were cut off when the door was slammed opened.

Eve's dad saunters in holding a gun. The door closes halfway leaving us in semi-darkness.

"Seems you're both awake, I would offer you food but what would be the point, you're both gonna die anyway" he says and an uncontrollable whimper escapes my mouth.

His eyes turns down to mine and he walks forward then squats in front of me. He holds my jaw and turn my face from side to side.

"Hmm, such healthy skin. And such beautiful clothes..... " his eyes suddenly turn feral. "Why should you have what my daughter can't have?" his words were followed by a hard slap.

Tears well up in my eyes automatically and I cry out from the sting of the brutal slap. My mother tries to fight him off but she was too weak. He brings out a gun from his pocket and points it at us. Before he shakes his head and puts it back to where he took it from.

"Before you die, let me tell you a story" he says his eyes looking unfocused. Is he on drugs?

"Once upon a time, there were two boys and a girl. The girl and one boy were from poor families but the other boy was the golden boy, he was filthy rich and all the girls wanted him.