Chapter 43

[aaaAaaaAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHGHHH

*guilt and self-loathing intensifies*

I HAVE RETURNED, ASSHOLES

HERE'S MY SHIT. LITERALLY, THAT'S WHAT THIS IS—it's just filler, technically speaking—*scremS*

I TRIED MY BEST. ENJOY IT. AT LEAST FIND IT DECENT.

LOVE ME.

pls

my views are going down due to my inactivity—*violent coughiNG*—I'm actually dying

٩( )و ♥︎

Alright, later you nERDS, I'm gonna go scream at birds.]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 43

Elizabeth's POV

The moon looks so pretty tonight. Its full figure radiated so much light that it practically illuminated the forest like the sun would. I can't help but stare at it, unmoving, unthinking. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm breathing at all. It sets my nerves at ease; makes me forget about the residual pain in my limbs and the sticky, viscous blood on my skin.

I can't remember what I did. All I can recall is the aching hunger of the mouths upon coming home, then blackness, and then I found myself trudging through the forest covered in someone else's blood. The thing is, I didn't panic immediately like the last time I blacked out. Ironically, I was calm and kept strolling through the woods as if I was on a nature walk. The mouths weren't bothering me anymore; I was filled and numb. Pungent metal still burns my tongue every time I swallow.

Despite my lack of concern for the blood on me, I absolutely didn't want to track any of it into the cabin. Instead, I ordered Caedis to clean me off with water from the nearby creek. It was annoying to not be given any signal for when he would dump cold water onto me, but I got used to it eventually. Unfortunately, I failed to realize just how badly the blood had stained my body. I had to wait outside, half naked, shivering, while Caedis worked to scrub every bit of blood off me with rags he found in the cabin. So I ended up staring up at the moon to pass the time and give my mind something to focus on.

It's so beautiful.

What did I kill?

I could stare at it all night.

Who did I murder?

I can't remember. It's all blank. I can't remember.

I can't keep doing this, especially not with the plans I have in store. I'm so close to success. So close!

My helpful specimen has a done a good job of keeping watch at the mansion, observing how everyone operates, reporting to me whatever happenings go on. No one has a clue he's there, which is strange but lucky, I suppose. One of his main jobs is to keep an eye on Jeff and see how he's doing. I calculate how to prepare the cabin that way, to make sure it's a cozy place for him. I absolutely cannot stress him out. He needs to feel safe and content.

Right now, everyone has been keeping watch on him so it's hard for me to get him. Soon, though, soon. I can feel my opportunity coming, especially with the 'help' of the Corrupted. They're sort of hard to control but I've been working on it. Hopefully there will come a time when mostly everyone at the mansion has gone to deal with them, and then...and then...