Part 60 ✨

•the next day•

"There's my favorite Senju student!" Kakashi's voice pulls me out of my zoned out state. I'm standing in front of a local dango shop, awaiting the sensei who's I've arranged a meeting with here.

"But I'm your only Senju student!" I with a sweat-drop as say he approaches.

"Right! So what's going on?" Kakashi sensei asks as I slide in our the table booth and sit down across from him. "I'm telling you first before anyone."

His eyes narrow and he puts his book down.

"don't tell me, you're dating?"

"WHAT?" I screech flinging myself backwards somehow going to the floor despite being sitting at a booth. Kakashi folds his arms across his chest "Haru, I expected more from you. A boyfriend at this age?"

"I-IM ONLY GOING TO TURN THIRTEEN NEXT MONTH YOU CRAZY SENSEI!" I say whilst trying to hold myself together and sit back down on the chair.

"Who's the boy?"

"THERE IS NO BOY!" I say flailing my hands around in total disbelief. Boyfriend? I haven't even kissed a boy! Sasuke doesn't count at all!!

He smiles and nods "great! so what is it you want to tell me?" He asks to which I take a sip from a complimentary water bottle. "I'm leaving the village to go extensively train with two sages." I say blurting it all out so fast I wonder if Kakashi even heard me.

His visible eye widens and I can almost hear my own heart thumping from how nervous I am. "How long will you be gone?" He asks, turning serious all of the sudden.

I shrug and toy with the glove on my hand "Apparently training can take a while so like two to three years?" Kakashi sighs and leans back where he is sat.

"As someone who sees you as a younger sibling, this is difficult for me." He admits making me cast my head down to my lap. This is what I didn't want to hear, all the sad stuff!

"But, as your sensei I'm extremely proud." My head snaps up to see him smiling at me. "I already know that the training will have you come back as a very strong and efficient kunoichi, and for that I'm proud."

I smile at him and quickly hold him in a hug from across the table. "Thank you so much Kakashi sensei! I thought this was gonna be way more dramatic!" I say holding him tightly. Kakashi pats my head and this time I don't slap his hand away.

"Kakashi sensei there you are!" I hear a familiar voice say, I look over and see my three teammates walking our way. I furrow my eyebrows at this "Was there a team meeting today?" I ask, wondering why the three of them are together without me.

"Nope, we're looking for Kakashi sensei since we have a mission to do!" Sakura says, smiling at our sensei. I stand up and quickly pick up my hair in a low ponytail "Oh! I'll go home really quickly and pick up my stuff then." I say, making my way out of the booth but am instantly stopped by Sakura.

"Haru you're not coming with us remember? It's not safe for you." Sakura says placing a hand on my shoulder. Naruto comes up next to her "Yeah! You've never gone on a mission with us before I don't know if you're even allowed on this one!" Naruto says, agreeing with Sakura to which I arch my brow.