Chapter 12

"You sure you're ok to go to class?" Rue asked me for the fiftieth time. I knew she was worried after what had happened at Disneyland and I appreciate her concern but I was fine, really.

"I'm fine. I promise." I said, grabbing my bag. "I'll see you later, ok?"

"Ok." My roommate said. "Call me if you need anything!"

When I was about to leave, someone knocked on our door. I walked towards it and opened it. A handsome and smiling Cam greeted me. "Hey, clumsy. How's your leg?"

'Clumsy'. Yeah, I told them I had tripped over and fell while I was running to get back as fast as I could to where they were. They've bought it, which was a relief.

"It's hurts a little but I'll survive." I laughed. "What are you doing here?"

"Cam, thank God you came!" Rue said before he could answer my question. "Please tell me you came to pick up Raiza so she doesn't walk alone to class."

I looked at Cam and he gave me a half smile. "It's just a precaution till your leg is fine."

"Yeah right. You act more like my parents than my friends." I said, rolling my eyes. "What could have happened on my way to class? Come on."

"Oh Raiza don't act like a baby." Rue scolded me. "We're just worried about and you can barely walk. You limp."

I rolled my eyes and grumbled. "Let's go before we're running late."

...

"Ok, students." Mr. Aguilera called for our attention. "Today's class will be entirely focus on the working in pairs assignment, so please sit together with your partner and start working."

I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath. I looked over to where Harry was sitting; he was concentrated on his notebook, absorbed from all around him, as if he hadn't heard Mr. Aguilera. Guess I'll have to go over there. 

I stood up and walked towards him. It seemed like he was drawing on that old notebook, but I couldn't take a closer look because he might kill me or do who knows what. "Hi." I said, pulling the chair next to him to take a sit.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, coldly.

"Didn't you hear Mr. Aguilera?" I asked. Harry kept looking at me with a menacing look. I really don't know why I asked that if I already knew the answer. "We have to start working on the pair assignment." He went back to his notebook, completely ignoring what I had just said. "Harry." I called him but he ignored me. I tried again and got the same result, no response from him. 

Ok that's it. I'm done being nice with this complete asshole. Furiously I took away the notebook from his hands and hid it behind me. "Are you going to pay attention to me now?" I said, pissed off.

"You're fucking dead." He said in a way that made my blood freeze. It sounded like he really meant it. Harry stood up and aggressively grabbed my hand to recover his notebook. I tried to push him with my free hand but he was way stronger than me.

While we struggled my leg started to hurt like it had hurt on Saturday. I groaned.

"What is going on at the back!?" Mr. Aguilera screamed. Harry and I turned to see the whole class and Mr. Aguilera looking at us. "Out of my class!" The professor said. 

"Bu-" I began saying.

"Now!"

I grabbed my things and got out of there. I couldn't believe that I had been kicked out of class! And it was all thanks to Harry and his stupid notebook. If he would've paid attention to me none of this would've happened.

A strong hand turned me around and I encountered an angry Harry. His jaw was clenched and he was glowering at me. "Give it back." He demanded, his voice was deep and frightening.

"What?"

"Give me my journal back." His journal? I looked down and I was still holding it. I though it was just a notebook, not that was such personal as a journal. I threw it to him and walked away. I wanted to be as far as possible from him. But when I was about to leave, I felt his hand grabbing my arm and turning me back to face him again. "What happened to your cheek?" He asked, almost sounding like he really cared. "It's bleeding."

I touched my cheek and winced. I felt something warm, and when I looked at my hand I noticed Harry was right, it was bleeding. "The cut must have reopened while we were struggling." I shrugged and turned around. 

"Wait." Harry's emerald eyes were locked on me, no sign of the anger that I saw just moments ago. I looked at him confused. Why would he want me to stay? We were basically fighting to death a few minutes ago. "Did someone hurt you?"

"No one." I said quickly, remembering those guys and what almost happened that Saturday night. "I just fell. Why do you care, though?"

"You're a terrible liar, Raiza." He laughed. "Too damn good to lie." I felt as my cheek grew warm, this had been the second time Harry had called me by my name and not 'baby'. He looked down to my right leg for a moment, and then straight into my eyes. "Your leg is hurt too, isn't it? I noticed you were limping." All of sudden, Harry knelt with his back to me. "Come on, get on." Was this the same Harry who minutes ago wanted to kill me? It couldn't be.

I reached out and put my hand on his forehead. "What are you doing?" He asked, surprised about my sudden touch.

"I'm making sure you don't have fever."

"What?"

"You must have fever, you're acting too nice." I said, serious. Harry burst into laughter and pulled my hand away.

"Yeah I might be acting nice but you're ruining it." He grimaced. "Don't get used to it, though." The curly haired guy knelt again so I could climb onto his back. I hesitated before doing it, what if he drops me on purpose? "I'm not going to drop you. Now hop on before I change my mind." I carefully climbed onto his back and wrapped my arms on his neck. He lifted me up as if I was a feather.

We remained in silence the whole way to my dorms. I wasn't sure what to say nor what was going on. Seeing Harry act like this caught me completely off guard. But I must say that I kinda like it.

"You're even better than I assumed you were going to be." Harry suddenly said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I raised on eyebrow at him. Since I couldn't see his face I wasn’t sure if he was making fun of me and being sarcastically.

“I expect you to react in a certain way or do something, but you do completely the opposite.”

“Are you saying this because I apologized to you or because I took away your journal?”

“You told me you haven't slept, right?" He asked me with a unreadable tone in his voice, not answering me and changing the topic. He remembered it?

"Yeah. Last week I woke up always at the same time. 3:30 am and let's just say I couldn't go back to sleep because the room felt too... oppressive." I wasn't going to tell Harry, especially him, that I felt someone or something was in the room with me. And that I first thought it was him.

"You know the meaning of waking up at 3:30 am for no reason?" His voice sounded mysterious and indecipherable.

"No."

"It's known as 'The Devil's Hour' or 'Dead Time', demons and evil spirits are stronger at that time. It's like they're mocking Jesus since he supposedly died at 3 pm." 

"And you really believe that?" I was surprised of hearing those words coming out of his mouth. Harry didn't fit at all in the 'paranormal believer' profile. 

"There comes a time when a blind man takes your hand and says, 'can't you see'?'" He said, turning his head to look at me. "Fear sees, even when eyes are closed, baby."

A cold shiver ran through my body. Something in his words, in those emerald eyes, was telling me there was a lot more than he really meant. It was like he knew something that I didn't, but he wasn't willing to tell.

Who are you Harry Styles?