c h a p t e r f o u r

the group arrived outside of ben's house

the group arrived outside of ben's house. delilah noticed that there was a woman across from them who was putting up a missing poster. all delilah could think about was how many more kids would go missing after this.

"hey? are you coming in?" richie asked delilah noticing that she had zoned out a little.

"oh, yeah. yeah i'm coming." delilah replies wih a smile.

delilah walked up the stairs with eddie in front of her and richie behind her. letting richie go behind her now didn't seem like the best idea, seeing as she could feel his gaze on her butt the whole time they were on the stairs. when they all walked in delilah noticed ben standing in a weird position next to his closet door. she chuckled slightly at his position.

the whole group started to look around the room. bill's attention was drawn to some projector slides sitting in ben's desk whilst everyone else's, particularly delilah's, was in the articles, posters and reports on the walls.

"cool, huh?" ben asked whilst smiling with pride and looking around the room with everyone else.

"no, no, nothing cool." richie said to himself. "nothing cool." he mumbled again at the end.

"i think it's interesting, ben. if you like it then that's what counts. i find it cool, if that matters." delilah smiled sweetly at ben and ben smiled back, appreciating greatly what delilah had said. everyone continued to look at ben's crowded wall.

"do you really think it's interesting, or are you just saying that?" richie said in delilah's ear.

"i actually do." delilah said turning to richie and then back at the wall "it'd make a great story." she thought out loud.

"i didn't know you write." richie told delilah.

"oh. i um i don't." delilah lied. only her mother knew that she liked to write, and that was only because she'd entered a writing contest a few weeks ago, where the winner gets to attend writing classes in new york and she had to have her parents permission. not even her sister or beverly knew.

"what's that?" stan said pointing at something on the wall. delilahs attention was brought back from her daydream by stanley's question, she presumed that it was an article stanley was pointing at.

"oh, that? that's the charter for derry township." ben explained. delilah looked at the paper and saw words written in cursive. she couldn't read most of the words on the paper because of how it was written. she wondered how ben actually managed to read it.